• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
didn't realize the jacket wasn't up online yet. it really is something.

Tried one on when I was at the store a bit ago, and I agree that it's quite a nice jacket. I have a gray sport coat already, so I can't justify making the purchase just now, but I'm looking forward to the blazer Mike's been talking about.

pistolero

Reaction score
walt%20linen%20mandarin.jpg
seems new trousers have arrived!
drool.gif
edit: and they're LINEN!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clyde
I'm a 31.5" waist.... what size Walt's should I be getting? Kind of in the middle of two sizes. The Cadet Grey are really tempting me.

I'd definitely recommend the 32. With the medium rise and constructed waistband, I bet that it fits you spot on. It can always be taken in a bit if need be, but I think you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by flipsilk
Can you describe the canvas? How does it feel? Is it rough like linen? Thanks Mike!

Sure, it's not rough, but it's not really soft either. Just a nice, sturdy hand to it. It feels quite a bit like the Gunmetal / Golden Khaki / Moss chinos that we ran, but it's a bit lighter and has a subtle woven canvas texture.

Originally Posted by kgmessier
Tried one on when I was at the store a bit ago, and I agree that it's quite a nice jacket. I have a gray sport coat already, so I can't justify making the purchase just now, but I'm looking forward to the blazer Mike's been talking about.

My dudes on Orchard Street told me that the blazers arrived an hour ago! I'm back in town on Friday, so I'll shoot them and we'll get everything online next week.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, A bunch of colorful new trousers just arrived. These are some amazing Spring-Summer pieces! Here's the lineup:
walt%20linen%20khaki%20lo.jpg
Khaki Italian Linen Trousers (Walt Only): $185 This is an easy, basic tone that can be matched to anything you'd normally wear a chino with
walt%20linen%20raspberry%20lo.jpg
Red Italian Linen Trousers (Walt Only): $185 The best red-tone linen that I've ever seen. It's got a gorgeous textured finish. It's easy to wear casually but looks impossibly dapper with a navy sportcoat.
Tangerine Italian Linen Trousers (Walt Only): $185 This color is amazing. Definitely a "Go To Hell" by way of Milan tone. Click through and check out the natural light fit pics in the item description - it's more subdued than it appears in person and it's actually really wearable. And dope as hell. I mean, it's ORANGE linen.
walt%20petrol%20lo.jpg
Petrol Blue Cotton Walt: $175 Petrol Blue Cotton Rudy: $175 This is the same super-soft Egyptian pima cotton as our "Washed Red" trouser. Petrol is a cool color - kind of a subdued french blue. You can just as easily wear this in the Fall, and it looks ace with white shirts, grey outerwear or sportcoats, and tan suede shoes.
Chambray%20Trouser.jpg
Blue Chambray Walt: $165 Blue Chambray Rudy: $165 The long-awaited restock of our best-selling cotton trouser from last year. This is a perfect lightweight chambray that makes for a comfortable casual or biz-caz pant.

pistolero

Reaction score
Copped British khaki linen, navy poplin, and natural Irish linen Walt's.
bigstar[1].gif
The red and tangerine linen look soooo dope, just not sure I can back them up, just yet. The fit pics are awesome too, btw. Great work, Mike.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn tassels sold out in 8.5D already
frown.gif

i keep missing these haha. whens the restock on the chromexcel tassels?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
bigstar[1].gif
The red and tangerine linen look soooo dope, just not sure I can back them up, just yet. The fit pics are awesome too, btw. Great work, Mike.

Have the natural irish linen, indigo dyed linen,navy poplin and the washed red's at my tailor ready to pick up. Problem is I won't be back there for another week and a half. Heading down to FL tomorrow to "visit" home and wishing I had them now!

Agree completely on the tangerine and red linen. They look fantastic.

BTW, I highly recommend the shorts. Have three pair and just ordered another a few minutes ago. Only wore the navy/bronze madras twice so far but have been complimented on them each time.

B Hamilton

Reaction score
I feel like Mike just stole my lunch money with the latest arrival of trousers.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by B Hamilton
I feel like Mike just stole my lunch money with the latest arrival of trousers.

You know, this comment combined with your avatar just made me laugh out loud.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roguls
Mike, any word on Cigar Indy Preorder? I do not want to miss them - killing me that I'm a 10 and you have a 10.5...

Hmm, once I get the confirmation from Alden, I can definitely put these up for preorder. Hopefully that will come through in the next few weeks.

bigstar[1].gif

Thank you sir! Solid choices on all the pants!

And thanks on the fit pics, you know, they were really easy to shoot and I'm going to try and do that for every item possible. It's really nice to show these fabrics in natural light.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
damn tassels sold out in 8.5D already
frown.gif

i keep missing these haha. whens the restock on the chromexcel tassels?

Ah, sorry! Don't worry - I've got more styles dropping soon. I'm going to run the handsewns like all of our other businesses, so they'll be new stuff constantly flowing in. Get you next time!

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, any chance you might have an Alden whiskey preorder coming up at some point in the (not so distant) future? Perhaps for a Brixton wingtip type boot?

drbaw

Reaction score

seems new trousers have arrived!
drool.gif

edit: and they're LINEN!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Jesus H. Christ, I want these pants.

*looks into bank account*

CRAP!

If the navy blazer (which I need) doesn't work for my measurements, I'll put these (which I want) in the cart instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads