• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I like the combo, but lose the Windsor knot!

inlandisland

Reaction score
I am in the early stages of teaching myself how to make clothing. SF was a big part of driving me to do so. Here is my first effort - a pair of pants.

DSC02273.JPG

DSC02270.JPG
DSC02272.JPG
See how I made them here or here.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
a2-6-1.jpg

a1-6-1.jpg

How about some larger images, cp? Don't make me put on my reading glasses to enjoy your fits.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
acrid_52511.gif

Very nice look, acrid, but how long did it take you to find a wall that would make your tie pop?

Originally Posted by timotune
tumblr_llr2k1J5Sj1qapbr2o1_500.jpg

The rolled up khakis look odd with the blazer/PS, especially when you've got 'em rolled up to your knees. Acrid already beat you up over the jumping shot, so I won't pile on.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Wolfador
IMG_0851.jpg

Welcome. I think a lower buttoning point might help to elongate your torso, and I think you might also look better with more substantial lapels. Experiment with that the next time you're trying on jackets. I also think you'd benefit from a more modern haircut, especially one that reveals more of your forehead.

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ethandesu
A fuzzy pic, but nevertheless, this was yesterday.
PJ Suit in Loro Piana Zelander Flower, PJ shirt, Drakes Tie and Brace, Liverano Square and G&G Derbys.

tumblr_llpd862zie1qad1efo1_500.jpg

desu

worship.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
I think that I could have used your shoes for my fit today, Mikey, and if NOLA is worse, weather-wise, than DFW was on Monday evening, my condolences to you - summer heat and humidity are upon y'all.

It's quite often a toss up. In general, DFW is hotter, often to the point that it's unhealthy to venture outside for long periods of time. 102 in the shade is not an uncommon occurrence. It is however drier so that you can breathe without growing moss in your lungs. Southern Louisiana on the other hand (Rather than just saying NOLA since I've been there during the summer, but lived in Lafayette) can get pretty hot, but the humidity and proximity to the ocean means that at about... 3pm everyday you get a half hour shower which cools things off a bit. Along with this though, you'll also have spent all of the rest of the day, before and after the shower at 100% humidity so that it's not possible to walk outside without immediately looking like you've just run a triathlon. Given that, I think Mike deserves extra props for suiting up.
fing02[1].gif

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
The heat is already brutal. 85 degrees at 8 a.m. and near 100% humidity as warm Gulf air trains through Louisiana to feed Midwest thunderstorms. It is going to be another bad day in the Heartland. I don't know how much longer I can take outside pics in this heat.

Have a good one!

Mike

Mortgagee1.JPG

Mortgagee2.JPG

You know I love that jacket, and the shirt/tie combo go very well with it. The shoes are not my bag.

Originally Posted by Wolfador
My first post in here so go easy:

IMG_0851.jpg

The jacket is a Wool / Silk blend, hence the wrinkles. The picture also makes them look a lot worse.[/SPOILER]

Welcome to hell's kitchen. I agree with others that you need bigger lapels, possibly a wider tie, and a lower buttoning point. I've noticed that sometimes the bigger dudes try to wear stuff meant for scrawny guys in an attempt to offset their size. In my opinion, they should probably do the exact opposite to keep the proportions right. Keep posting, you're already better than I was when I started.

Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Diggin the PS, Acrid.

Thanks - my first Etsy experience.

Originally Posted by Kappelan
mmm39.jpg
I don't know where you live, but my balls broke out into a flop sweat just glancing at this image.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Very nice look, acrid, but how long did it take you to find a wall that would make your tie pop?

Originally Posted by upr_crust
And you stayed up all night painting that wall to match your tie, Acrid - very industrious of you.

Thanks. But sheep don't paint.

Wolfador

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep

Welcome to hell's kitchen. I agree with others that you need bigger lapels, possibly a wider tie, and a lower buttoning point. I've noticed that sometimes the bigger dudes try to wear stuff meant for scrawny guys in an attempt to offset their size. In my opinion, they should probably do the exact opposite to keep the proportions right. Keep posting, you're already better than I was when I started.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I faired a lot better than I thought for my first try. I will look for jackets with wider lapels as suggested. This jacket was one I had thrifted and had no alterations done. Now that I know more about what I am looking for I can start buying some quality stuff.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads