• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

stormin10

Reaction score
Whats really pissing me off is the weather here in the mid-west, between the torrential rain storms to the tornado's. Plus as an added bonus I have a back injury.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
lol yeah somehow I've become a partner even though I have evidence on this board that I knew better. I don't have any money invested thankfully, but already quite a bit of time and a lot more committed.

At least we are bringing in money now.

fistbump.gif
bigstar[1].gif

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stormin10
Whats really pissing me off is the weather here in the mid-west, between the torrential rain storms to the tornado's. Plus as an added bonus I have a back injury.
**** the weather in this region. I am a light sleeper and I only had 4 hours last night because of the constant lightening. I am so exhausted right now.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
**** the weather in this region. I am a light sleeper and I only had 4 hours last night because of the constant lightening. I am so exhausted right now.

They're called curtains, and they work wonders.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
This winter I picked up a new HF suit and a couple of HSM sport coats after being inspired by SF and the many posters of WAYWN Part III. I am now pissed that I didn't pay closer attention to the fits, and now I feel like my fits suck and it bothers me every time I wear them. I am not sure if I am a weird build or what but I have dimples in my jacket sleeves probably one of many issues. I believe there are only a couple of tailors (100 miles away) that might be able to fix the problem if I want to invest more money. The guy that fit me at the store had 30+ years experience and didn't say anything about this. I can't believe he would be that interested in making the sale instead of getting me the proper fit. I am also perplexed as I don't think I could have fit overall in a different size jacket. I am wearing a 42 and have a few old 41s that are too tight. I am wondering if I will ever get a good fit OTR and at this time I am not interested in spending too much money since I don't even have to wear a coat or suit except for the rare DC meeting or wedding. I am considering going back to my old self wearing jeans or shorts and polos.

Actually I wonder how most people keep posting here when they are clearly outdone by some great looking regulars. This place has made me feel like I look terrible even though around here people only recognize that you are "dressed up". I doubt anyone where I work would recognize a marginal fit to be any less than a good fit and are they clueless to the finite details of combining textures, colors, tie knots, collar spreads, collar length, and all of the other minute details that a lot of SFs pay attention to. SF probably ruined me! This is just pissing me off!
devil.gif

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
They're called curtains, and they work wonders.

I have curtains, but the noise outside wakes me up. Also humid as **** right now. I get rashes when it's humid outside.
ffffuuuu.gif

Where did you relocate to by the way? Still in Illinois, IIRC.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I have curtains, but the noise outside wakes me up. Also humid as **** right now. I get rashes when it's humid outside.
ffffuuuu.gif

Where did you relocate to by the way? Still in Illinois, IIRC.

Yeah, down on the Mississippi River. Nice little town.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, down on the Mississippi River. Nice little town.

Prada can take his steam boat up to visit you.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Prada can take his steam boat up to visit you.

LoL. Next when I go back home to St. Louis, I'll cross the river to visit Kyle if he's near the Missouri/Illinois border.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, I live in a VAN, DOWN on the Mississippi River. Nice little town.

FTFY. RIP Chris Farley.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For the last week I have been getting back into Crossfit since my injury is healed. Lost some of the gains I had been making over the last 7 months on it.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
All of the faux-emotion over Oprah's final show.

Yes... I wish they would shut the **** up and just end it already.

They should do it like the end of The Sopranos. No bullshit teary-eyed fanfare.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads