• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

President of AE

JDMills

Reaction score
Why bother the CEO/President of the company, they have a customer service department which is excellent and very helpful, if everyone with a problem contact the CEO he'd never have time to work on.... bringing back the Mora
devil.gif
God that would be a good day. But what was the problem if you dont mind us asking?

xudisco07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tgt465
The company hires people to specifically handle complaints, why not talk to them first instead of wasting the CEO's time?

It has been my experience that those people don't help. I had a problem once and had to really push them to get a resolution. Needless to say, I have not bought another pair of AE since.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JDMills
.... bringing back the Mora
devil.gif
God that would be a good day. But what was the problem if you dont mind us asking?

I have been strategically emailing them regarding this consistently this year. Every time I see them available still leftover in a store I perk up....and then die a little inside when they're never my size.

If we get enough people to contact them, they will realize they're missing a golden opportunity. Hint hint fellow SFers.

bwp

Reaction score
I would have to agree with everyone else, leave the president alone so he can work. If you have an issue in a store speak with the manager, if the issue was with the manager speak with the regional or division manager. Or, just don't worry about it and move on.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by usctrojans31
I have been strategically emailing them regarding this consistently this year. Every time I see them available still leftover in a store I perk up....and then die a little inside when they're never my size.

If we get enough people to contact them, they will realize they're missing a golden opportunity. Hint hint fellow SFers.

I thought they were bringing it back (or something similar) this fall?

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xudisco07
It has been my experience that those people don't help. I had a problem once and had to really push them to get a resolution. Needless to say, I have not bought another pair of AE since.

Odd. I find that AE customer service is awesome. I only had 1 problem with them, but it was resolved perfectly.

The shoe had slight imperfection when i received it. They just apologized and exchanged it with another pair. Unfortunately they no longer have that shoe in stock so they had to ship it in from one of their stores (IIRC somewhere Midwest).

Zero Hassle and Zero additional cost.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwp
I would have to agree with everyone else, leave the president alone so he can work. If you have an issue in a store speak with the manager, if the issue was with the manager speak with the regional or division manager. Or, just don't worry about it and move on.
Honestly, I think that most people here completely overestimate the size of their management and business support organization. Around 600 people overall (http://www.jsonline.com/business/105355253.html) - that does not leave a lot of room for district and regional managers and a large customer service organization. There is no harm to make sure that the head of the company knows if things went really wrong (I am assuming that this was the case). I think we also don't have to worry that he will neglect his other duties since solving the issue will likely be delegated. My own experience with AE CS was so-and-so ... had to write 3 emails to get an update on an order which was overdue by more than a month. At another time they reacted quickly. Their work load probably varies quite a bit and might overwhelm them from time to time.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
OP, post your experience here first, in case you're in danger of making yourself look silly. Unless of course it's really serious, in which case, the first thing you must do is poast hear.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM members SpooPoker or voxsartoria. The former has all kinds of contact in the fashion industry and the latter is the official spokesperson for AE on these fora and elsewhere on the interwebz.

gdwy89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
Sheikh Mohammed is the Vice President of the UAE
teacha.gif

Fair enough. When I went there over Spring Break, however, I got the impression that Sheikh Khalifa ain't got **** on the homie Sheikh Mo. That's more what I was going for, but you are certainly right.

JDMills

Reaction score
Originally Posted by usctrojans31

I know what you mean I get extremely excited when I see a pair but always in an 8 or 9 D never a damn 11.5 EEE. I'm annoyed that I can't even have them made to order.

pjshapiro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JDMills
I know what you mean I get extremely excited when I see a pair but always in an 8 or 9 D never a damn 11.5 EEE. I'm annoyed that I can't even have them made to order.

Ah, a fellow 11.5 EEE-er. Glad to know someone shares my pain. Guys with 8 or 9 D get all the luck.

Grenadier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pjshapiro
Ah, a fellow 11.5 EEE-er. Glad to know someone shares my pain. Guys with 8 or 9 D get all the luck.
I don't know about that that's true. I wear 11.5 EEE and you know what they say about guys with big feet...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads