• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
What I wore this afternoon - a monochrome experiment.

Holy ****. The day I go extra splashy, Spoozy and Crusty go full on banker on me
facepalm.gif

Both of you look fantastic, well done. I may need to change my game plan for tomorrow
devil.gif

Crusty, was fully expecting a Navajo inspired fit from your recent NM trip...
laugh.gif

wannabe

Reaction score
Hey all, Best dressed in the Secret Service?
worship.gif
(sorry, couldn't resist haha.)
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Seething1.JPG

I really like your monks! If I may ask, from where?
Originally Posted by spoozy
5754742016_91e9ef5bb6_z.jpg

This pocket square is so cool. I want one.
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
2ab76e98.jpg

Late day picture today. I had a quick question: What else goes with burgundy pants? I'm wearing them (hard to tell with the shadows and all), but I couldn't really find an answer because most of the stuff on SF was more about "firetruck" red pants. Thank you guys!
WAYWT52411.jpg
Today is: Navy blazer. American Eagle white shirt. White pocket square. Levi's 511 burgundy pants. Bally shoes.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabe
Hey all,

Late day picture today. I had a quick question: What else goes with burgundy pants? I

Today is:

Navy blazer.
American Eagle white shirt.
White pocket square.
Levi's 511 burgundy pants.
Bally shoes.

Pretty much the way you are wearing them. If you are looking for blazer colors beside navy, browns would work as well as greys. White or blue shirts look good and burgundy pants/brown suede shoes is also a good combo. For a more casual vibe, bucks or blue suede shoes would work as well.

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Pretty much the way you are wearing them. If you are looking for blazer colors beside navy, browns would work as well as greys. White or blue shirts look good and burgundy pants/brown suede shoes is also a good combo. For a more casual vibe, bucks or blue suede shoes would work as well.

Thanks edmorel. I've gathered the vibe that the shoe has to be a lighter shade of brown. Would you recommend going darker brown suede or lighter brown suede, because I can't really think of a light brown suede at the moment (besides bucks).

Reaction score
Just trying this combo out last night (this isn't the shirt I want to wear, trying out the colour).....I love this pocket square but I'm thinking it might need changing for a plain dark green one with cream edge or something. The bow tie will be unusual enough at the event I'm going to, I think I need to tone it right down...

Scotty

Reaction score
My excuse (poor) is that I bought everything before losing around 10 Kg (22 pounds). I got the trousers waist tailored and the shirt tailored too, though it's still two sizes bigger than what I wear now.
Now, looking at the picture I can see the jacket is big in the chest and the shirt seems to be bunching, too. Agree with the trousers length. The tie knot could be better and the ps is not very well put. It didn't look so bad to me in real life but the picture don't lie.
Anything else I can't see?

Please, go on, I want to improve.
blush.gif

Originally Posted by idfnl
Man, could take a while to sort this one out.

Pants are too long for starters.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Me wearing a suit (this happens once or twice in a year) at my niece's first Holy Communion.
First try with a pocket square.
Not the best pose to show the suit...

comunion.JPG

comunion2.JPG

tshaw

Reaction score
Scotty - Start over with appropriate sizes - there was all too much to say to even begin posting suggestions on every aspect.
satisfied.gif

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woke up to a **** STORM..
110525113.jpg

110525114.jpg

Yesterday
110524111.jpg

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

Coming from you Ed, it means a lot. Highly appreciated! *nowdancingthemoonwalk*

Originally Posted by gregaz

I appreciate your praise, Gregaz! You´ve been a constant source of inspiration...

Originally Posted by JayJay

Whaaaat? Only "looks good" ?
biggrin.gif
Come on man, i nailed it

Originally Posted by SpooPoker

Thx, SpooMeister.

Originally Posted by wannabe

Pocket Square is nothing fancy, just some non-labled linen.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Power suiting today...

Who drugged you with sedatives?

Nice suit dude.

Originally Posted by mossrockss
243396_221858074493595_100000082125390_941931_3271574_o.jpg

Good stuff; you wear you clothes well, which helps massively.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
110525113.jpg

I'm presuming that's one of the Paul Smith scarves with a map of London on it? I like them in theory, but didn't pull the trigger because I thought it would be tricky to pull off in real life. I'm not still not totally sold, to be honest, but I like the whimsy of it a lot. Good to see you're still having fun with clothes.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I'm presuming that's one of the Paul Smith scarves with a map of London on it? I like them in theory, but didn't pull the trigger because I thought it would be tricky to pull off in real life. I'm not still not totally sold, to be honest, but I like the whimsy of it a lot. Good to see you're still having fun with clothes.
- Dunhill, about 2 years ago

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- Dunhill, about 2 years ago

I have one of those. I think they bought out the lighter with the map on it at the same time.
Digging the coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads