• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
**** I want all my new stuff right now now now

now

I hate waiting

My mrporter order will arrive tomorrow
laugh.gif

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
So that Mr Porter craziness is US only right now, correct ?

Yea, they're Helmuts moleskin, not sure what year exactly

Yes US only.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got some Margiela stuff, a pair of Pantofola D'oro sneakers (if you want comfort, these are it. Great for summer), and a bunch of stuff for other people from the Mr. Porter sale. Did not think about the direct shipping thing.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
That would have saved people money and me packaging and trips to the post office, which are a huge PITA.

Do people really give out cc. info to strangers? I dunno man. People that I've met irl and have developed friendships with, maybe. Giving on cc. info seems like playing with fire. One guy who is really fair proxied, and some idiot did a Paypal chargeback because the stuff didn't fit him. It's like... Wow, super uncool.

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by s3lam
Picked these up at Nomad today (thanks J)

Then took them straight to Kaners to get the soles protected.

Kaners is awesome.

Kagemusha

Reaction score
LA, come on seriously.........who the hell wouldn't be comfortable giving CC info to you? Why in the world would you steal our card
laugh.gif
and in all honesty, it's not that big of a hassle to make a quick phone call to my bank, say my card has been lost, but the purchase for xx.xx amount that i just did to mr.porter is me, but can you now shut down the card and send me a new card. With my credit card and bank it takes no more than 5 business days and that card number is now useless for guy/girl to try and use.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I got some Margiela stuff, a pair of Pantofola D'oro sneakers (if you want comfort, these are it. Great for summer), and a bunch of stuff for other people from the Mr. Porter sale. Did not think about the direct shipping thing.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
That would have saved people money and me packaging and trips to the post office, which are a huge PITA.

Do people really give out cc. info to strangers? I dunno man. People that I've met irl and have developed friendships with, maybe. Giving on cc. info seems like playing with fire. One guy who is really fair proxied, and some idiot did a Paypal chargeback because the stuff didn't fit him. It's like... Wow, super uncool.

the paypal chargeback is a problem also returns/exchanges are porblems.
I was thinking the best way would be transfer money through BOA or Chase quick pay.
Totally free, instant and cannot dispute. All sales are final. I think it can workout.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
if you're a BOA customer you can generate a random cc. no. with a maximum spendin amount and an expiration date (typically it woule expire aftera single use)... that would be the ideal thing to give to your proxies imo.
the feature's called ShopSafe I think

I give it to merchants who seem suspicious / by default automatically renews your service / requires you to call in order to cancel, etc. i love reading their semi-threatening emails about charge not going thru..
lol8[1].gif

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
if you're a BOA customer you can generate a random cc. no. with a maximum spendin amount and an expiration date ... that would be the ideal thing to give to your proxies imo.
the feature's called ShopSafe I think

plain.gif
I don't have CC, only use debit card.

ffffuuuu.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kagemusha
LA, come on seriously.........who the hell wouldn't be comfortable giving CC info to you? Why in the world would you steal our card
laugh.gif

and in all honesty, it's not that big of a hassle to make a quick phone call to my bank, say my card has been lost, but the purchase for xx.xx amount that i just did to mr.porter is me, but can you now shut down the card and send me a new card. With my credit card and bank it takes no more than 5 business days and that card number is now useless for guy/girl to try and use.

I would steal your card and buy a Ducati Monster. No, I wouldn't know how to ride the ******, but it would be baller.

That second options seems like a real pain in the balls.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
you can buy one of those "gift" credit cards where you pay for the credit before hand. i think they cost like $5 or something.
Russell Simmons was peddling these a while back
laugh.gif

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kagemusha
I heard this is incorrect and that absolutely will NOT be opening the sale to the general public
ya i went over my email again. sale closes at 9am est(now) edit: lol seems my purchase did not make the cutoff time. emailed them about it.

Kagemusha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

That second options seems like a real pain in the balls.

No, not at all.

and I get a new card sent to me at least once a year. I suggest anybody that does a good amount of online shopping to do this as well. Never a bad thing to be overly safe and as stated, it takes only a few minutes.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Chair, Console, and Tray Table.
3dcrz.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads