• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much is a Tom Ford suit?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by othertravel
That's true. But now that we're above parity, it would be a much better deal to get it in the US.

For MTM I am not so sure. OTR is def cheaper in the US, but I think MTM options including Tom Ford are similarly priced.

Anyone who has tried both can chime in.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mjphillips
You can get Savile Row bespoke for $3500? That's what a two piece Tom Ford OTR costs. I was under impression that top bespoke houses are $5k+
I was referring to the MTM product as being almost the cost of SR bespoke. OTR is closer or more expensive than off-Row tailors (e.g. Mahon, Steed, etc.; typically ~£2K ex-VAT) or Napoli su misura etc.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
I see no logical proof of Tom Ford being lesser quality to other RTW / MTM collections encompassing brands like Kiton, Brioni, so on and so forth. Price wise, TF is quite competitive with those brands and is priced at a similar point - MSRP $4K plus. That you can get Brioni or Kiton on the Bay for less than TF is more an issue of availability / scarcity.

Jeffery D has quite a good discussion of Tom Ford OTR construction, quality, etc.:

http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/.../tom-ford.html

ridefar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
For MTM I am not so sure. OTR is def cheaper in the US, but I think MTM options including Tom Ford are similarly priced.

Anyone who has tried both can chime in.

In Canada, OTR and MTM prices are pretty similar. Actually, it depends on your fabric, but assuming you choose a grade A-D or E fabric, prices will be similar. Things can escalate from there, and the really expensive fabrics are crazy expensive (total cost 2-4x of the lesser grades). Of course, you could only afford or wear lots of those high grade fabrics if you are a rock star--they are typically things like green a white silk paisley prints for jackets or similar foolishness. And even then, only in a sc, not a full suit.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ridefar
I can't speak for anybody but myself, but... I live in Canada, and honestly, none of the options you mention are available here. Heck, from what I can determine there is no bespoke option worth the name available here at all. So, stylistic issues aside, TF MTM is about as good as it gets in Canada. Along with Brioni, Kiton, etc. MTM programs (dont know and havent looked if those are available here at all). Although I would definitely go bespoke if the option were available, it just isnt. And I cant fly to London or Milan three times each time I want to buy a suit. If I lived in NYC, or HK, or anywhere in Europe really, different story. And aside from all that I honestly havent found a better made or better fitting MTM suit--although your results with MTM will vary depending on the quality of the measurements, no?

Are you saying that you are ready to buy bespoke but aren't pleased with the amount of options to avail?

__PG__

Reaction score
Tom Ford dinner suits at Harrolds in Melbourne, Australia are $5000.

ridefar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
Are you saying that you are ready to buy bespoke but aren't pleased with the amount of options to avail?
Yes. The amount of options = 0. As far as I know in Canada there is absolutely nothing remotely close to Saville Row or the top Milanese tailors. Custom yes (meaning a individually tailored suit, but at a significantly lesser quality). Bespoke no. If I am wrong, please correct me, I would love to hear about it. And I don't particularly care where in Canada because I am in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, etc. very regularly.

Watchguy0

Reaction score
My fave feature of TF's suits are the adjustable pants - ala rented tuxedo style. Honestly - for a guy like me that demands the perfect fit in the waist this is one of the greatest features. So, anyone know of another great designer who does the same thing but at a reasonable price? $3500 is too rich for this waist sensitive fashion boi. Thanks

Tano

Reaction score
Kiton MTM is 13k AUD in Perth. They sell alot at that price. But Perth has the highest per capita of self made millionaires in the world ... I've been told.

Millerp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ridefar
Yes. The amount of options = 0. As far as I know in Canada there is absolutely nothing remotely close to Saville Row or the top Milanese tailors. Custom yes (meaning a individually tailored suit, but at a significantly lesser quality). Bespoke no.

If I am wrong, please correct me, I would love to hear about it. And I don't particularly care where in Canada because I am in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, etc. very regularly.

Francesco Sr. in Toronto is a Milanese bespoke tailor. He's getting on in years
but makes everything entirely by hand. Prices are quite high but in keeping
with Savile Row or Milan bespoke.

http://www.francescosrbespoke.com/

Quarks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
Tom Ford dinner suits at Harrolds in Melbourne, Australia are $5000.

That bloody $5000 dinner coat has been waving at me ever since I first laid my eyes on it. Bloody jacket. BTW, Tom Ford tailors are dropping by Harrolds, Melb this weekend for MTM.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Pinging 192.195.52.5 with 69 bytes of data

Reply from 5P00: cost:$5000 time<1hr> TTL=$5,000

Just to make sure: is this C21 pricing formula?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads