• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cottonwork Fabric

cgurr

Reaction score
On the Cottonwork website, it says they have fabric that is 180 thread count, Sea Island Quality for $79. Has anybody tested these shirts out? It seems like a crazy deal if its true.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cgurr
On the Cottonwork website, it says they have fabric that is 180 thread count, Sea Island Quality for $79. Has anybody tested these shirts out? It seems like a crazy deal if its true.

even chinese 180/2 is at least $40 worth of fabric. what do you think?

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cgurr

I am wearing one their Sea Island quality shirts today in fact. Note these are not Sea Island fabrics, but rather, they claim, represent Sea Island quality in terms of the thread count. In any case, I have been happy with the quality of their products to date - the ease of ordering off their excellent website, their responsiveness to queries and efficient turn around. It's a shame there are no longer a SF affliate.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bhall41
Sea Island quality in terms of the thread count.
The quality of Sea Island cotton has nothing to do with thread count, and everything to do with the actual cotton itself (length of fibers, etc.). This is why terms of comparison like "Sea Island quality" are pretty meaningless. EDIT: Interesting, if tangential, background piece below. I can't claim original credit for this, as someone (I believe David Hober?) posted it on SF a long time ago. http://supimacotton.blogspot.com/200...hy-it-was.html

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
The quality of Sea Island cotton has nothing to do with thread count, and everything to do with the actual cotton itself (length of fibers, etc.). This is why terms of comparison like "Sea Island quality" are pretty meaningless.

Noted - I am happy to stand corrected.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's because it is cheap! $69 for a shirt or whatever the executive fabric costs is a steal really and one shouldn't expect anymore than the cost of the shirt in terms of fabric quality.

But it's important to note that they are also doing Thomas Mason fabrics now as well at very good prices. I do have one and it's great, but have also ordered about 15 of the various other quality levels and still been happy.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was unhappy with the $69 shirt I ordered. I also had some issues with measurements that have stopped me from trying again, although I would like to, in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads