• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

UserName84

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but how are you acquiring an album that doesn't come out for almost another month? Advance copies leaked by the record label so you can hype them on a men's fashion web site?
smile.gif
Itunes accidentally leaked it so now its all over the torrents/blogs. It's really good.

He was on Jimmy Fallon last night too btw. Sounded great.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
In other news, I'm convinced the new Bon Iver album is one of the best albums to come out in the recent years. Many new albums from great dudes have been major let downs in comparison to their earlier work (Fleet Foxes, Sufjan, Tyler, etc).

You think so? I thought Age of Adz was really really good, especially how it took some steps to avoid the preciousness of joints like Seven Swans. I don't know about Fleet Foxes being a 'major' let down but it definitely doesn't have the immediate pull of any of their earlier albums, then again my favorite iteration is the stripped-down, poppy Fleet Foxes of the first EP.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New hair, hows it look? Shortest its ever been, sides were cut without a guard.
IMG_0017.jpg

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
You think so? I thought Age of Adz was really really good, especially how it took some steps to avoid the preciousness of joints like Seven Swans. I don't know about Fleet Foxes being a 'major' let down but it definitely doesn't have the immediate pull of any of their earlier albums, then again my favorite iteration is the stripped-down, poppy Fleet Foxes of the first EP.

I'm a sucker for acoustic singer/songwriter **** though, I'm a huge fan of Elliott Smith and Nick Drake so that probably bleeds into a lot of my dislike for the new Sufjan album. It may have been the sound he was going for, but I feel that a lot of the electronic components in his songs in Adz are way too overbearing. I think Bon Iver does a much better mix of his old sound + new electronic stuff.

As for Fleet Foxes, I just don't like the album all that much. Dunno, don't like the newer sound.

Can't wait for new Algernon Cadwallader though wooozzzzzzzz

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
^ I feel like I'm surrounded by a constant stream of nordic beauty and there's no way to compete. It's depressing and inspiring.

Might go to the Vibskov flagship tomorrow.

If you look at the people, they actually dress well, but what they really have are great genes working for them though. They also dress in a way that shows that they care, but not an inordinate amount, and know how to wear clothes well, which is different from places like LA and NYC, where people who care are aggressively trendy, and don't always get it right.

If you are wowed by Copenhagen, you should go to Oslo.

I spent a some summers in Scandanavia, and I think that the naturally coolest guys are from there (not to mention the seriously sexy women.) That sort of casual but cares influenced my personal style more than LA, I think, where I really got my start working in the business and started getting into the minutiae.

summerdaze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
I'm a sucker for acoustic singer/songwriter **** though, I'm a huge fan of Elliott Smith and Nick Drake so that probably bleeds into a lot of my dislike for the new Sufjan album. It may have been the sound he was going for, but I feel that a lot of the electronic components in his songs in Adz are way too overbearing. I think Bon Iver does a much better mix of his old sound + new electronic stuff. As for Fleet Foxes, I just don't like the album all that much. Dunno, don't like the newer sound. Can't wait for new Algernon Cadwallader though wooozzzzzzzz
New Bon Iver is so good. Fav album of 2011 thus far, listening to Friendly Fires Pala now, change on their sound, it's fun, real fun, the clean kind, I'm looking forward to the John Maus album, and The Weeknd have two new (mixtapes?) this year.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
If you look at the people, they actually dress well, but what they really have are great genes working for them though. They also dress in a way that shows that they care, but not an inordinate amount, and know how to wear clothes well, which is different from places like LA and NYC, where people who care are aggressively trendy, and don't always get it right.

If you are wowed by Copenhagen, you should go to Oslo.

I spent a some summers in Scandanavia, and I think that the naturally coolest guys are from there (not to mention the seriously sexy women.) That sort of casual but cares influenced my personal style more than LA, I think, where I really got my start working in the business and started getting into the minutiae.

I dunno, I mostly dislike the homogeneity and find many looks "subtly try hard". I like the older contemporary art or graphic design dudes in some nice jeans, washed button downs and slimmer cardigans or sweater though. They sometimes manage to wear beanies without looking stupid.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was taking a leak today at Whole Foods and the dude in the stall next to me was finishing up with a meannn ****. He wiped once only(tp dispenser is noisy so you can tell), put his pants back on, then headed straight for the door. Didn't even hear him use the sink/wash his hands. Disgusting motherfucker.

I only noticed because he was wearing New Balances.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Was taking a leak today at Whole Foods and the dude in the stall next to me was finishing up with a meannn ****. He wiped once only(tp dispenser is noisy so you can tell), put his pants back on, then headed straight for the door. Didn't even hear him use the sink/wash his hands. Disgusting motherfucker.

I only noticed because he was wearing New Balances.

could be a SF'er
laugh.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kagemusha
Cars ******* suck sometimes. Repairs = Sellling wardrobe
frown.gif

sell car, don't pay insurance or gas, buy moar clothes !!!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kagemusha
Cars ******* suck sometimes. Repairs = Sellling wardrobe
frown.gif

There's a series of posts by me from two years ago floating around here where I go from sharing potential purchases to being all, "Ah ****, I just dropped $1,600 for a new transmission and breaks" within the span of about a week. That was the first time I had to dip into savings, but sadly, not the last.
frown.gif

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^

Haha, I'll probably be posting that late August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads