• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickelson Wooster Fired

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Do you know him and do you know all of us?

This is an empty statement...

I don't criticize his personality , intelligence ,sense of humour just his clothes...

I think he suffers from the peacock syndrome but if I'm wrong I will live with the guilt because I'm Roman Catholic.

You must be living in an Amish community to think that women dont flock to outlandish dress.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
Nickelson Wooster has no need for ladies, and I'm sure he's up to his armpits in fellas, because he's fly as f*ck. And as many have said, I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

I think he looks as good in his Thom Browne as anyone I've ever seen, with the possible exception of Thom Browne.

Thank you. The often-appearing mentality in MC against almost anything outside of traditional menswear is pretty shocking. That one likes traditional looks of men's clothing is an opinion that's held, not a received fact from On High regarding the only acceptable and good-looking way of styling.

Guy is WoostGod in the Tumble-Blogo-Sphere for a reason.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
You must be living in an Amish community to think that women dont flock to outlandish dress.
I live in Folkestone where 20% of the teens are pregnant before the age of 20... Believe me , women don't always flock to outlandish dress... Most women , the ones I like, like simple elegance over peacockery... I don't think he needs money or will struggle to find a new jobs like millions of other people on this planet... That will explain the cavalier attitude of some of us.

CaymanS

Reaction score
fuckyeahmenswear's post about WooStizzle is still one of the best ever...

http://fuckyeahmenswear.tumblr.com/p...e-this-*******

3tof7pf

You have to get up early to be this ******* badass.

Crack of dawn steeze.

Hear my ******* call.

I am a Wooster.

The sun is rising and I'm already clownin' fools. Don't try this **** at home.

Only the Wooster.

Wearing my Blaze Orange Michael Bastys.

I **** with menswear and Orange is my safety word.

I am not your Grandpa.

I am not colorblind.

I am not peacocking.

I am a Wooster.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who had never heard of this guy or recognized him before coming across this post? And I shop at BG (sparingly).

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see where the praise is coming from by various members based on his "streetwear" or more casual looks. He definitely creates a look that catches the eye (in a positive way).

Regarding his suits, though, I just dont think breaking 5-10 rules about how to wear a suit all at once, for its own sake, constitutes some kind of sartorial epiphany or revelation. If this were the case, Bonzo the Clown at the Big Apple Circus would be the 21st century's answer to Fred Astaire.

Obviously, take all this with about a pound of salt since I am also the guy who blogs about fashion statements made by criminals who died 60-70 years ago
eh.gif

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Shake
Am I the only one who had never heard of this guy or recognized him before coming across this post? And I shop at BG (sparingly).

Probably. It's not like you will run into him on the BG sales floor, but if you have looked at just about any menswear blog in the past couple of years with any sort of regularity he would be hard to miss.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love the tumblr post one of his best. I like the fact that this old dude is not a stodgy dresser and pushes the envelope sometimes.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo- on the flip side i think you have your inspiration for this weeks WAYWRN challenge: A homage to the departing of Nick Wooster.
peepwall[1].gif

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhiloVance
I can see where the praise is coming from by various members based on his "streetwear" or more casual looks. He definitely creates a look that catches the eye (in a positive way).

Regarding his suits, though, I just dont think breaking 5-10 rules about how to wear a suit all at once, for its own sake, constitutes some kind of sartorial epiphany or revelation. If this were the case, Bonzo the Clown at the Big Apple Circus would be the 21st century's answer to Fred Astaire.

Obviously, take all this with about a pound of salt since I am also the guy who blogs about fashion statements made by criminals who died 60-70 years ago
eh.gif

What are the 5-10 rules? From what I can see the only major rule broken is trouser length, and maybe that often his shirt cuff and collar buttons are undone. if you look at the pictures above from the knees up I think he looks pretty good.

By the way I just bookmarked uptowndandy. Good stuff!

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks PM! Glad you like!

I might have been a bit liberal with "5-10"
smile.gif

On fuckyeahnickwooster, there were additional pics from the same event from the one I posted earlier. If you look at all of the shots, you can see that the jacket is too tight, its pulling at the button. There's also a shot of the side vent gaping because its too tight to close, but that could be considered the same issue. It also looks too short, but thats not "wrong" as much as its a stylistic choice. When you get to the pants, its really just more of the same "thom browne" thing going on - which is where I think the entire look really starts to deviate from the idea of a "traditional" suit.

I actually like his combat boot style that he sports in some of the other pics. But in the pic I posted, he's got some kind of Herman Munster shoe thing going on. But again, none of this is really "wrong."

So definitely not 5-10. Probably 2 at most. My bad Nick!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Dude is a stud and we are all haters.

+1. he ***** spreez

Originally Posted by CaymanS
fuckyeahmenswear's post about WooStizzle is still one of the best ever...

http://fuckyeahmenswear.tumblr.com/p...e-this-*******

3tof7pf

You have to get up early to be this ******* badass.

Crack of dawn steeze.

Hear my ******* call.

I am a Wooster.

The sun is rising and I'm already clownin' fools. Don't try this **** at home.

Only the Wooster.

Wearing my Blaze Orange Michael Bastys.

I **** with menswear and Orange is my safety word.

I am not your Grandpa.

I am not colorblind.

I am not peacocking.

I am a Wooster.

awesome
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics