• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickelson Wooster Fired

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
I don't think he was ever meant to be the face of NM/BG.

I doubt 99% of their customers have any idea who he is.

Yup and yup. Probably didn't get canned over a "change in direction" - if that were the case, they'd give him a few months to get another gig. Abrupt firings happen at this level tend to happen when one of the bosses gets a beejay under his desk.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love how delighted all of you are because someone whose pics you didn't like on the internet just got fired. Yay - happy days!
facepalm.gif

Jorge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
A stud?

Not wearing that kind of crap and certainly not with women anyway...

That sounds homophobic, not sure if you mean to be or not, always thought you were the nice guy with his kids pics?

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhiloVance
I have always heard that he held two similar positions at Bergdorf's and Neiman Marcus simultaneously. I don't think he lost both unless it was actually one job. Maybe I just assumed it was two separate jobs.

So, perhaps there is no need to worry, as they say uptown, Nickelson might still be eating out here.

Neiman Marcus/ Bergdorfs= same company.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tacobender
A few points I had heard about their organization / re-organization:

1. Neiman's wants very few employees living in/working in/ from the NYC area. They want everything to come out of Dallas. They might need a few ground crew in the area to work with vendors, but they want everything that has to do with the essence of Neiman's to local to Dallas.

2. He never shared a vision that most Neiman's clients could buy off the rack. While I found him to be fashionable, the average Neimans client is like 60, old money, and wants nothing to do with modern fashion, they want classics.

3. They have scrapped plans to expand BG - for years they were looking at real-estate and trying to figure where else they could have one, and it looks like the concept really only needs to be in NY.

Interesting... and locally relevant.

Jorge

Reaction score
Why all this personal vitriol ... you hate the way he dresses which is fine this is a "style" forum, but the rest seems nasty - at best.
I met him once briefly, before being introduced I was put off by his clothing, but found him to be very friendly. He mentioned both companies when he described his job, sounded like a single position. My best internet wishes to him in his future endeavors.

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
A stud?

Not wearing that kind of crap and certainly not with women anyway...

Why so closed minded? Not the SF norm but I can't beleive people can't see he has a certain amount of charisma and a lot of good style even it's a little unorthodox. He's not working in a bank...

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I nominate Spoo as a replacement, tats and all
bigstar[1].gif

blofeld

Reaction score
It's hilarious. There isn't a single man on here (especially in MC), with even a fraction of his gravitas. Maybe that's the reason for all the hate.

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blofeld
It's hilarious. There isn't a single man on here (especially in MC), with even a fraction of his gravitas. Maybe that's the reason for all the hate.

+1

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nickelson Wooster has no need for ladies, and I'm sure he's up to his armpits in fellas, because he's fly as f*ck. And as many have said, I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

I think he looks as good in his Thom Browne as anyone I've ever seen, with the possible exception of Thom Browne.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jorge
That sounds homophobic, not sure if you mean to be or not, always thought you were the nice guy with his kids pics?

I'm not homophobic at all...

Will spare you the all "My best friend is gay" but even I'm a lot of things but not homophobic or racist...

I'm just a bit acidic...

tacobender

Reaction score
Give it a month or two - he will turn up somewhere. Either at a fashion house, or a larger lower tier retailer will find a job for him just for the press release.

I never cared for the man's look myself, and I don't think he was ever right for NM/BG, but he was daring, and at least made some effort to make NM a little more fashion forward. NM has a bigger problem than the recession it is that their clients are dying. Not sure who or how that company will turn around.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blofeld
Do you know him and do you know all of us? This is an empty statement... I don't criticize his personality , intelligence ,sense of humour just his clothes... I think he suffers from the peacock syndrome but if I'm wrong I will live with the guilt because I'm Roman Catholic.

Shalebot

Reaction score
He did his thing. Many of his looks weren't my cup of tea (though the fits were usually good), but like most things, the polarized praise and hatred he received were probably overstated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads