• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thinksimple

Reaction score
For any Canadians, I'd be happy to proxy the Mr. Porter sale--the proxy fee would come in the form of you taking care of shipping ($20) and taxes for the order, plus actual shipping charges to get it to you (unless you're in Toronto, in which case we could meet up or I'd drop it off). I'd be happy to offer this to US members as well, but once you factor in all the costs associated with getting it across the border and then back, it may not be worth it.

Alternately, I could have the items shipped to a US user, and then they could ship my items to me, which would come at the same net cost to me (assuming I don't have to pay shipping & duties).

PM me if anyone is interested--if I place an order, it will be tomorrow only.

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max-t
also lookin for a mr porter proxy....
Me too. Also, anyone ever see any promo codes for Stuart & Wright? I really want something there but just hate paying full retail.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kagemusha
that online or in store

Both.

If you want last season's A1923's/Augusta/adiciannoveventitre-call the Madison Ave store.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are the markdowns like for Barney's shoes?need to get some officine creative boots.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why must the Mr. Hare shoes be considered wardrobe staples

kwoyeu

Reaction score
^the Burroughs with the silicone implants at the back is everything but a wardrobe essential
lol8[1].gif

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
^the Burroughs with the silicone implants at the back is everything but a wardrobe essential
lol8[1].gif

hahaha I didn't even notice those! crazy

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84
How are the markdowns like for Barney's shoes?need to get some officine creative boots.
though they seemed fine when i handled them, i've seen mixed reports about their quality and durability mostly on sz...some have had to repair within 6 months of purchase even. let me know how it works out for you

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
though they seemed fine when i handled them, i've seen mixed reports about their quality and durability mostly on sz...some have had to repair within 6 months of purchase even. let me know how it works out for you
Yeah. I heard quite abit abt the quality too. kinda reluctant to get them though. any similar alternatives? Perhaps Shoto or moma or Buttero?? the likes of augusta are out of my reach for now. Thanks though.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buttero's are solid. Fantastic shape too.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
A pair of Guidis are available for about 700 now if that's in range ? Otherwise those you listed are fine, well I don't know about moma but Buttero certainly, NDC though the aesthetic is a bit different, and F+B is pretty good when on discount as they last pretty well even through rough treatment. Some of the co-op shoes have that same look too, they're not made by hand either but in an Italian factory used by many other lines.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Buttero seems pretty good. Some said Moma was decent for the price(sale). I have a pair of F+B Gol and Dayton Svc Boots(otw). just looking to add a black pair. Guidis are awesome but i dont quite like their 'slouchy' style. NDC is another option. Should i call the store?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacetaekwon
what's the first markdown for the barneys sale? 30%?

Usually its 40% off for clothes and 30% for shoes and other accessories.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads