• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Some funky navy/coffee Keswicks at Leather Soul.
ttt1.jpg

BAUER

Reaction score
They are fantastic !
Love the idea

the suede on the superdenim crazy bourton brogues was a problem to me

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dudes already went ape on the sierra trading trickers a few months ago, with a better discount & price.

benbarren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Some funky navy/coffee Keswicks at Leather Soul.
ttt1.jpg

dope, in a quirky way. love trickers that dont stick to conventional monotone browns acorns espressos etc
smile.gif
as much as i like those colours... think these would age really well colourwise.. like a good pair of 2 tone footjoy icon/classics wingtip or saddle golf shoes that start off loud.. but then with wear become just a classic statement that arent too OTT.

norcal_indy

Reaction score
^Considering those as my next pair of Tricker's. Anyone have experience with how Keswick's fit compared to Stows? I searched through the thread and didn't notice anything conclusive, but I do believe Keswick's are on a different last.

Edit: I found a few posts that helped. It looks like the consensus is that the 4444 is slightly larger than the 4497 but not enough to size down.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcal_indy
^Considering those as my next pair of Tricker's. Anyone have experience with how Keswick's fit compared to Stows? I searched through the thread and didn't notice anything conclusive, but I do believe Keswick's are on a different last.

Edit: I found a few posts that helped. It looks like the consensus is that the 4444 is slightly larger than the 4497 but not enough to size down.

Depends on the shape of your feet. i take an 8 in Stow, but would take a 7 1/2 on the 444 last. THey seemed at least the same length sized down, but grip more firmly in the middle of your foot, under the instep.

dirtyjack

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm new to trickers and after reading up on this thread and seeking some advices, I made my 1st tricker purchase! Same pair as MSAINTS Size 8 1/2
5751744636_48460d6776_z.jpg
Fit pics
5751443691_f2983a9a7b_z.jpg
5751983094_1df783c1be_z.jpg
5751994562_cd69166c6b_z.jpg
special thanks to MSAINTS for the advices and opinions!

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ those are nice! I ended up going with the grey stows from Leather Soul instead of the lolipop ones. Thanks Bryan- shipping so fast it's a little hard to believe.

norcal_indy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirtyjack
Hi Everyone, I'm new to trickers and after reading up on this thread and seeking some advices, I made my 1st tricker purchase! Same pair as MSAINTS Size 8 1/2
5751744636_48460d6776_z.jpg
Fit pics
5751443691_f2983a9a7b_z.jpg
5751983094_1df783c1be_z.jpg
5751994562_cd69166c6b_z.jpg
special thanks to MSAINTS for the advices and opinions!

Those look great - thanks for sharing!

nicolnicolnicol

Reaction score
Thanks for the recent sizing advices I have gotten here. Went with an UK 8 as adviced by NAMOR. Here is my first pair of trickers and they fits me like a glove. Loving every inch of it. (Yes I made the purchase with dirtyjack above)
5751750916_dca8550756_z.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Richard long wings from STP. They're on the W2298 last, same as the Paisleys which STP had a couple months ago. That splotchyness on the left shoe is emphasized by the flash. I think a polish should take care of it. In any case, it's not really visible in normal light.
stprichards.jpg

Burfords in Espresso from STP. In low light these appear black. Sort of odd, but the description on the box reads "Men's Espresso Burnished Super Boot". No mention of the Burford name. It's unclear to me what makes them super. They do have a brown dainaite sole.
stpburfords.jpg

No tin of polish with either pair.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicolnicolnicol
Thanks for the recent sizing advices I have gotten here. Went with an UK 8 as adviced by NAMOR. Here is my first pair of trickers and they fits me like a glove. Loving every inch of it. (Yes I made the purchase with dirtyjack above)
5751750916_dca8550756_z.jpg

very nice. what model is this?
Originally Posted by zippyh
Richard long wings from STP. They're on the W2298 last, same as the Paisleys which STP had a couple months ago. That splotchyness on the left shoe is emphasized by the flash. I think a polish should take care of it. In any case, it's not really visible in normal light.
stprichards.jpg

Burfords in Espresso from STP. In low light these appear black. Sort of odd, but the description on the box reads "Men's Espresso Burnished Super Boot". No mention of the Burford name. It's unclear to me what makes them super. They do have a brown dainaite sole.
stpburfords.jpg

No tin of polish with either pair.

looking good zippyh! what are your thoughts on the longwings? are they worth the money? and what size did you end up with?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics