• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ROs signature item are probably the leathers, I'm not sure which signature leather for RO is though, maybe the Intarsia (which MrPorter doesn't have)? I like the stooges, probably my favorite of all the RO leathers out there so you can give that a shot. MrPorters stock and fit pics of the stooges does it no justice.
Originally Posted by thekunk07
sure. i mean, they actually run a bit big, so you might be ok. sorry for enabling.
Just when I had my mind made up you throw that in and makes think twice once again.
confused.gif
Considering that distressed pearl Globa too, that one fits huge for sure so I can probably fit in an xs plus the blistered lamb is pretty pliable. You think they pretty much fit the same?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, basically. i just sold the pearl globa, didnt work for me. i want the grey boxer calf safari but buying a house so tough to justify for me even at half off. wish i never sold my grey moto and should have kept the light grey blistered intarsia
frown.gif

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American Kip Leather x Made in Japan. Grounders don't even have a chance dawg...

WTA2K_0_1787_CW_Back

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
haha nice i got the same one from two years ago

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^
First one is the stooges, second is the bomber.

yeah, basically. i just sold the pearl globa, didnt work for me. i want the grey boxer calf safari but buying a house so tough to justify for me even at half off. wish i never sold my grey moto and should have kept the light grey blistered intarsia
frown.gif

^ ^ ^
Prioritize the house, most definitely. Is it going to be your first house? I was in the same position a couple of months ago, I had slow down on the purchases since the loan officer saw all the transactions on my bank account. To make a long story short, the house was on short sale, they accepted my offer but the bank took it back and foreclosed instead.
ffffuuuu.gif

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
haha nice i got the same one from two years ago

Cool. I've been a Rawlings and Nokona guy for years...figured I'd see what all the hype with A2K's are about after losing my Horween Rawlings...

Eastbay custom Rawlings shop uses thicker grade Horween leather with a deer skin lined palm for a cool $300, but that's for another time possibly.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no, our second and we are losing big on the first
frown.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45
^^^
First one is the stooges, second is the bomber.

^ ^ ^
Prioritize the house, most definitely. Is it going to be your first house? I was in the same position a couple of months ago, I had slow down on the purchases since the loan officer saw all the transactions on my bank account. To make a long story short, the house was on short sale, they accepted my offer but the bank took it back and foreclosed instead.
ffffuuuu.gif

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
^ ^ ^
ffffuuuu.gif

that sucks, but i've heard this same thing from a couple friends in the industry. banks are willing to sit on them a bit longer thinking that the tides have turned and can get more money for them. don't know the exact reasoning behind it

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
that sucks, but i've heard this same thing from a couple friends in the industry. banks are willing to sit on them a bit longer thinking that the tides have turned and can get more money for them. don't know the exact reasoning behind it
I was thinking that is one of the reason, if the bank predicts the prices will go up, they'd rather keep it and hold on for a bit. However, foreclosed houses tend to sell for less than short sale houses so I really don't know why they would do that. It is a calculated move by the bank though, I sent my offer and they waited 2 1/2 months to accept my offer and then gave me a week to get everything processed (loan, escrow, etc...). I asked for an extension, they denied it and a week later they took it off the market because it was exactly a year since the original buyer defaulted on the payments and they had the right to do so. I am pretty sure the bank is pretty well aware that the loan and escrow cannot be done within a week so I did felt a bit set-up. I even wasted $350 on the house inspection.
no, our second and we are losing big on the first
frown.gif

You looking to sell the first one and move out or you still keeping it and just buying a new one as an investment? All houses/properties are down in prices though so it does seem like a good time to buy if it's not much of a burden financially.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luckly I don't have money to spend or I would be on that MrPorter trip too. my cart is lonely, was going to get the lanvin suede derbys this morning.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
How do you navigate the site? I tried your link and it was kinda difficult to go back and search for stuff.
laugh.gif

missed this - yes as Kagemusha said it's probably due to the link being directly to a sold-out item. I think they always use the same link though (permanent collection item)..

also forgot to post this but i got 100 pairs of pantherella socks from STP recently (part of the reason broken now). seriously well-made (pics on stf don't do them justice) and, at $4-ish a pair (retail $32), can't resist... probably bought too many though... well at least they make for nice gifts for friends/relatives back home...

SPK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
nice spk, good to see mumma's goods moving around, dude collects dope ****. where'd you find the juun j, looks beautiful?

Thanks Andrew. Got the Juun J. from robgotsastaplerr here

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads