• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Gotta run now; have to go start rumor that slack tide was Christian Bale's stand in for The Machinist.

happy.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
emailed my g/f the EP email with the new shirts for girls....await her response. Hope she likes one (or both)..
inlove.gif
Absolutely no sunlight today, but just wanted to post a (blurry) pic of the super 120's which are a great spring/summer weight....really light and breezy while still easily holding down that formal look you need in a pair of slacks for work. I haven't been working very much lately and thus have only worn these a handful of times, but threw these on to have lunch today with a friend (need a pressing, but hopefully you can see the nice silhouette and fit of the slacks despite that and the lack of natural light...). and just real quick while I'm here - the white Oxford seen below is the EP OCBD dressed down...great shirt, as a lot of us now know..
b6c0205e.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics! The trousers fit you spot on! We'll have the matching sportcoats online shortly.
Originally Posted by MaxK
Just got the shipping notification for the penny's pre-order. I'm already checking the forecast hoping for a nice warm day to rock them and the patch madras shorts. Equally excited about the chino restock, I'm itching to add another pair (or two) to the collection.
Thank you sir! Yup, we boxed up and labeled all of the Natural CXL penny loafer preorders yesterday. Everything's going out this afternoon with UPS Ground. Hope that you guys enjoy them!
Originally Posted by 13k
plain.gif
I'm still waiting to get invoiced. Though living in LA, weather has been great except for the rain the past couple days. I can't wait to wear em to catalina

Invoice coming your way brah. We've had like five days of solid rain in NYC too. It's bonkers.
Originally Posted by jslade
This shirt is fantastic.
girlfriend%20colorblock.jpg
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Thanks! I had the same exact thought when it arrived. I couldn't really predict how those three fabrics were going to work together when I ordered it, and we didn't do a pre-sample. But I'm thrilled with how they came out. So thrilled, in fact, that we ordered 36 pieces of this for mens shirting. Should arrive in the next few weeks.
devil.gif

brycep

Reaction score
Yea... I definitely didn't have the money for the shadow dot at the time, but I just pulled the trigger and told myself I would get some skymiles for it, best decision ever. As for the turquoise pants, they're from J Crew, fit isn't perfect, but decent and color is sweet. Thanks for the comments on the photos, I highly recommend a visit to Rome for any who haven't yet. Now to save up for future awesome Epaulet ****...

iluvatar

Reaction score
Oooh, a restock on the chambray trousers! Anyone have any experience with these? Are they light enough for the summer? I'm torn between them and the indigo-dyed linen, but since I'll be traveling around a lot this summer (and won't always have access to irons or dry cleaners) I'm thinking cotton would be better.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iluvatar
Oooh, a restock on the chambray trousers! Anyone have any experience with these? Are they light enough for the summer? I'm torn between them and the indigo-dyed linen, but since I'll be traveling around a lot this summer (and won't always have access to irons or dry cleaners) I'm thinking cotton would be better.

I've had a pair since last summer, and they're great. Possibly my favorite summer trousers.

Vinneus

Reaction score
site just updated some "hand sewn" mocs, some real Yuketen like stuff. just odd as they actually carry that brand.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vinneus
site just updated some "hand sewn" mocs, some real Yuketen like stuff, so do they still carry YUK?
Oh man, oh man.
drool.gif

konadog

Reaction score
Met Mike on Thursday and bought a pair of the washed red walts. Damn. Wore them to SNL last night and got a ton of compliments. If you don't like to stand out don't buy these, but if you're like me get em before they're gone.

Nezero

Reaction score
How to size the Thorogood boots?
I'm like an 8(UK) in Loakes and a 9 (US) in Chucks

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i see some new epaulet shoes in suede and cognac
smile.gif

hopefully that means my natty chromexcels have shipped?

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epaulet Sewn by Hand chromexcel penny loafers arrived Friday. Awesome shoes! As someone else posted, can't wait to get a patina on them.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scottcw
Epaulet Sewn by Hand chromexcel penny loafers arrived Friday. Awesome shoes! As someone else posted, can't wait to get a patina on them.

Yar! Mine showed up in the mail this morning. Hope these clouds pass soon.
ffffuuuu.gif

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, any update on the service pants and the new rivet chinos? Rivet chinos will be an instant kop, and I'm really interested in seeing how these service pants turn out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads