• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Also - How about drafting on Saturday the 31st?

The entire day is pretty much open for me, but we should figure it out ASAP so that the draft slots don't fill up.

The season starts officially on Sunday the 1st, so that will be pretty last minute... but I can hang if you can hang.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm drafting for my other league on the 31st. All day long. We always draft the last Saturday before opening day.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bluh.

Ok. Well whatever. As of right now, the draft date/time stays the same. As it works out for the most people. All I can suggest is that Andrew updates his Yahoo rankings. I'm sure you will do just fine autodrafting. Steve B is going to be reaching for garbage pics all day long, leaving you with a nice selection of overlooked gems that yahoo will most likely pick up for you.. Or, if you prefer to bow out, I understand, though it would be a loss.

surf animal

Reaction score
I'm a no go for Saturday the 31st either, I'll be in Mexico surfing all weekend.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Bluh.

Ok. Well whatever. As of right now, the draft date/time stays the same. As it works out for the most people. All I can suggest is that Andrew updates his Yahoo rankings. I'm sure you will do just fine autodrafting. Steve B is going to be reaching for garbage pics all day long, leaving you with a nice selection of overlooked gems that yahoo will most likely pick up for you.. Or, if you prefer to bow out, I understand, though it would be a loss.

I do understand if we can't move the draft, but if I can't draft in person, it doesn't make much sense for me to play.

How about tomorrow?

Buster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I do understand if we can't move the draft, but if I can't draft in person, it doesn't make much sense for me to play.

How about tomorrow?

I can't (out of town for the weekend, and left my draft notes at home). What about (next) Saturday night?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Buster
I can't (out of town for the weekend, and left my draft notes at home). What about (next) Saturday night?

Next Sat night is good for me too. Say anything after 7:00PM EST, to be safe.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
OK... so Saturday the 24th, we have 3:45 PST or 6:00 PST

I know its a little earlier than 7pm, but could you make a 6:45EST start?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OK... so Saturday the 24th, we have 3:45 PST or 6:00 PST

I know its a little earlier than 7pm, but could you make a 6:45EST start?

Deal! Saturday, March 24th at 6:45PM EST! Thanks guys, I really appreciate your flexibility on this.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
draft has been changed to 3:45PST on Saturday the 24th.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok... made final change to roster spots. We have gone back to \t C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

That is a 23 man roster (including bench spots) It will also save us 5 extra draft rounds which are pretty much worthless IMO from the previous lineup.

BN stands for what?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Indeed it does stand for Bench.

The bench players you pick can be rotated in at your desire to replace any of the positions for which they are suited to play. They don't accrue any fantasy points while on the bench, but are a good backup incase someone gets hurt, has a bad matchup, goes through a slump, or just doesn't have enough games that week to remain competitive.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Oh Well...

Didn't see post till now.

I don't care for rotisserie, and I'm not too crazy about the scoring system either.

BUT if anyone drops out, let me know. It'a always fun to play against Mr. 35%.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads