• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lowly Public Servant
Thanks guys

Geoffry Firman - I will give your suggestions a shot and see what is what. I'll stay away from Dickson for sure, I have been past there and did not like the look of his store (bit of a cat in the hat day today)

If I can't find anyone in Canberra who can do it and for a reasonable price then it will be off to Sydney for me.....in a thrice (does that even work as a rhyme?)

LPS

LPS

Rogers Shoe Repairs at 88 Redfern St, Redfern

Or Nicolas Brothers Shoe Repairs 186 King St Newtown

They're both mentioned on the Australian Vogue forum as being very good, as is a place called Coombes Shoe Repairs in the Strand Arcade

I know Rogers used him a lot over the years anyone comment on the others?

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is it just me or have PJohnson removed their rough prices from their site?

Smudge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tobiasj
Who makes the Herring branded shoes? They look a bit like Loakes...

According to the site, the Gladstone are made by Cheaney, doesn't say who makes Churchill but its likely to be Loake or Cheaney.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon

Probably just some sort of website maintenance, but I suppose it's possible they're about to raise their prices?

lennier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
The website prices were slightly out of date compared to what they were charging. The main difference being they don't really encourage the half canvas option any longer but the full canvas option (now the default) was actually slightly cheaper than the website stated. Hopefully the current lack of pricing on the site is while they update to reflect that, and not that they're putting things up!

ivormiric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Probably just some sort of website maintenance, but I suppose it's possible they're about to raise their prices?

Picked up another shirt from him yesterday, he mentioned they're doing another updated catalogue/photoshoot. It's most likely that!

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith

Originally Posted by lennier
The website prices were slightly out of date compared to what they were charging. The main difference being they don't really encourage the half canvas option any longer but the full canvas option (now the default) was actually slightly cheaper than the website stated. Hopefully the current lack of pricing on the site is while they update to reflect that, and not that they're putting things up!

Originally Posted by ivormiric
Picked up another shirt from him yesterday, he mentioned they're doing another updated catalogue/photoshoot. It's most likely that!

Thanks for the responses ... will keep my eyes peeled for the update.

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
Just popped into Ken Barrell to check out the pants. Wool and cotton sweaters are an absolute mess, but divided by size. Cashmere stuff and all trousers are still in some form of order. I didn't check out prices for the cashmere but the trousers are all $49. I picked up some beautiful purple cotton trousers that are unhemmed and they only came with the slightest amount of sass from the shopkeeper. The material has a really nice weight to it that should be great to have heading into winter.

Now the question is, cuffs or no cuffs?

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rhodes and Beckett, any good for the price point?

Just got a 40% off email

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Rhodes and Beckett, any good for the price point?

Just got a 40% off email

Not bad for an Australian retailer, although I prefer Herringbone. With a healthy discount of 40% you could do far worse. I recently purchased a merino wool / cashmere jumper from Rhodes & Beckett which I am quite happy with.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Rhodes and Beckett, any good for the price point? Just got a 40% off email
Is it one you can pass on to us fellow forumites?
wink.gif

Shirts at R&B aren't bad for those that are hard to fit as they do a few styles in a "long" fitting.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RHODES & BECKETT ARE PLEASED TO INVITE OUR PRIVATE CLIENTS TO AN EXCLUSIVE EVENT THIS IS AN INVITATION ONLY EVENT & WILL NOT BE EXTENDED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. PLEASE PRESENT YOUR INVITATION AT TIME OF PURCHASE. FOR TWO DAYS ONLY WEDNESDAY 25 & THURSDAY 26 MAY 2011 PLEASE VISIT OUR ONLINE STORE AT WWW.RHODESBECKETT.COM.AU MELBOURNE 101 Collins Street 347 Collins Street 495 Collins Street GPO Melbourne Melbourne Central Crown Melbourne Myer Melbourne Chadstone Myer Chadstone Myer Doncaster\t SYDNEY Macquarie Place Westfield Sydney Westfield Bondi Junction Myer Sydney Myer, Westfield Bondi Junction Myer Chatswood\t BRISBANE MacArthur Central, Cnr Queen & Edward Streets Myer Brisbane, Queen Street ADELAIDE Adelaide Central Plaza Myer Adelaide, Rundle Mal l CONDITIONS: This offer is available to Rhodes & Beckett database members only during the dates indicated. This offer cannot be redeemed against a prior transaction or an existing lay-by. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offers and excl cufflinks. The 40% discount offer applies to the item's original RRP. Alteration charges apply during sale period. If you wish to discontinue receiving communications from Rhodes & Beckett or to view our online policy go to www.rhodesbeckett.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads