• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16 isn't that cold at all

Aeglus, calf would be unbearable in Queenslad for sure, especially if jackets are twice the weight as Drew says

Its not like lamb jackets are going to fall apart, i don't know were people get that idea from but it isn't true

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in Sydney, which has arguably more mild weather than Brisbane, and I can't wear the lamb DR on any day above 20 degrees Celcius. It isn't so much the weight of the leather but the humidity that gets you. So unless you were riding on a coastal road calf would definitely be too much.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drew, would you ever consider a [slightly] thinner calf? I like the idea of the toughness of calf but am a bit too lazy/add to try and break in a jacket for a year straight.
redface.gif
will prob just opt for lamb eventually anyway

computurd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Some people just want thicker leathers.

And for stupid people like myself who like to burn money on random stuff, it gives me options on different kind of materials available.

When I wear my calf DR, I don't really care about it because it's thick and it can take a beating. However, when I wear my whiskey lamb Bomber, I'm more aware of my surrounding as the jacket is significantly thinner than the calf.

Cmon dude lets be honest, do most of us really need calf or horse hide for that matter when most of us are f5-ing this thread like this lol
2j29cmb.jpg

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by computurd
Cmon dude lets be honest, do most of us really need calf or horse hide for that matter when most of us are f5-ing this thread like this lol
2j29cmb.jpg

Probably not, but it's cool to have a variety of materials.
biggrin.gif

I do love my DR in calf though.

PS you never know when a fight might break out at the local Starbucks and you may risk getting shanked with a knitting needle by the local knitting club.

woody^^

Reaction score
just received my Bball jacket and it's a bit bigger than I anticipated. In my comms with Charly I mentioned that I am currently bulking up, but I'm by no means going to be getting huge, and he recommended this size. Thoughts? [edit: after looking at the pictures, it isn't as bad as I thought... but still not as slim as I thought it would be, even straight out of the packet]
cXsIP.jpg
a95bD.jpg
tOADR.jpg
CypA6.jpg
Despite my sizing grievances, I have to say that the quality and details of this jacket are amazing. Really, really impressed by that.

Magic1

Reaction score
First of all, I don't have mmm gats, so no, I don't read sf like that. though I do want some gats...

I got calf because I am not careful enough to have lamb. The lamb toj uses is thicker and more durable than the lamb used by other brands, but it scuffs up much easier than calf. Also, I think calf looks better the more it is abused and lamb not so much because when calf is damaged, its much more superficial and lamb damage goes deeper. Roughed up lamb is still cool, but not as much as roughed up calf, imho. Plus, the texture of calf is better for dirt and spills than lamb.

And yeah, that fit isn't good, sorry man. should be shorter and slimmer...

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by woody^^
just received my Bball jacket and it's a bit bigger than I anticipated. In my comms with Charly I mentioned that I am currently bulking up, but I'm by no means going to be getting huge, and he recommended this size. Thoughts? [edit: after looking at the pictures, it isn't as bad as I thought... but still not as slim as I thought it would be, even straight out of the packet]

cXsIP.jpg

a95bD.jpg

tOADR.jpg

CypA6.jpg

Despite my sizing grievances, I have to say that the quality and details of this jacket are amazing. Really, really impressed by that.

what are your measurements and sizing on the jacket?

woody^^

Reaction score
Jacket is a 50, measurements that were given: Height: 6’1. Chest: 37.5". Weight: 70kg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Jacket is a 50, measurements that were given: Height: 6'1. Chest: 37.5". Weight: 70kg

sounds like you're a lengthened 48, not a 50

Kagemusha

Reaction score
Jacket is a 50, measurements that were given: Height: 6’1. Chest: 37.5". Weight: 70kg
A 50, and you have a 37.5" chest? No wonder it looks like your dad's jacket, what does that measure out to like 45" chest? That would be giving you almost 4" on both sides........

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
hmm i'm 5'6"/130 and my 44 baseball jacket should be arriving tmrw

we'll see how that works out...

Kagemusha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
hmm i'm 5'6"/130 and my 44 baseball jacket should be arriving tmrw

we'll see how that works out...

what does your chest measure?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads