• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What were your college graduation gifts?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
When I graduated college at the age of 12, my father presented me with a French whore of the highest caliber. I've long forgotten her name, but I will never forget her touch. After the sex, my father pumped her full of heroin until she ODed. Then we disposed of her body together.

I'll never forget the advice he gave me, as we shoveled desert sand and gravel onto her shallow grave. "Son," he said, "She was a hooker. That's...what she was. It's all that she was."

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not graduated but this is what I know will happen. Once I graduate we are going out to dinner and my brother will ask me where I am going to law school and how I did on the LSAT. If my score is <170 and I get into a top law school I am getting a Rolex (6k max I believe is what he said). My mom will say if you mess up once in law school I am going to be on my own and then I will go on about my life.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pat on the back as well here....

I am thinking of going back to school, this time around I think I want to actually learn something I can apply and earn immediate $ rewards.

Any thoughts?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
When I graduated college at the age of 12, my father presented me with a French whore of the highest caliber. I've long forgotten her name, but I will never forget her touch. After the sex, my father pumped her full of heroin until she ODed. Then we disposed of her body together.

I'll never forget the advice he gave me, as we shoveled desert sand and gravel onto her shallow grave. "Son," he said, "She was a hooker. That's...what she was. It's all that she was."

????

HelloIDistance

Reaction score

I envy you to the highest degree.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have to admit that dialog is your strongest suit as a writer.
lol8[1].gif

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I got around a grand or two in cash for high school graduation (helped to get some stuff I needed for college). College graduation, I don't remember getting much. A few cards, maybe a little money from family, a nice lunch with family after the commencement ceremony.

I'll be graduating again in May of '12 (career change) with a more difficult and lucrative degree, and I expect that I will receive little to nothing. Probably going to pick myself up a great box of cigars, probably a really nice watch once I've passed my professional certification.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
the university gave me a nice piece of paper with my name on it and the name of my degree. My mother bought me lunch. The rest was on me.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oDD_LotS
I got around a grand or two in cash for high school graduation (helped to get some stuff I needed for college). College graduation, I don't remember getting much. A few cards, maybe a little money from family, a nice lunch with family after the commencement ceremony.

I'll be graduating again in May of '12 (career change) with a more difficult and lucrative degree, and I expect that I will receive little to nothing. Probably going to pick myself up a great box of cigars, probably a really nice watch once I've passed my professional certification.

How delightfully middle class.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I graduated college at the age of 12, my father presented me with a French whore of the highest caliber. I've long forgotten her name, but I will never forget her touch. After the sex, my father pumped her full of heroin until she ODed. Then we disposed of her body together. I'll never forget the advice he gave me, as we shoveled desert sand and gravel onto her shallow grave. "Son," he said, "She was a hooker. That's...what she was. It's all that she was."
Reminds me of the brilliant SNL sketch Old French Whore. My parents gave me $1k and a decent set of silverware. I still have the silverware to this day and consider it to be one of the practical gifts I've ever received.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While receiving money was nice, I really wish I had a job
frown.gif
I would trade all the money I received as gifts for a job. in a heartbeat.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i didn't ask for anything since they already paid for my college and my car and i didn't get anything in return.

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
the university gave me a nice piece of paper with my name on it and the name of my degree. My mother bought me lunch. The rest was on me.

the same here. was i supposed to get a gift? dammit. will call my mom today to clear it up
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads