• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
So I was at a beer fest in South Philly yesterday, and a guy asked me what my jeans were...turned out he was from sufu and recognized that I was wearing nerdy denim. I'm not even sure how he recognized them, unless he saw the SF embroidered on the back pocket.

Also, I saw some hipster guy on a bike wearing Nudies when I was walking to the beer fest, which I think is only the second time I've seen Nudies in the wild (at least in Philly and not on me).

/random denim thoughts

Kagemusha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drmmr
+1 on +J. Or TaT? But no first hand experience with TaTs. And why no broguing?

I actually see nothing wrong with broguing with a suit....I just think it looks better in the whole picture if you have no broguing.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
why not try uniqlo mikey? +j is more tailored i think, might fit you better?

this brooks brothers convo needs that Tom Habaford(?) line from Parks and Recreation

..paging biggskipp
laugh.gif

brooks bros boys. It's a slimmer fit, and it's cheaper.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
It did the first couple of times, but I got it down to 10 minutes once I figured out the right order. I'm still sorta confused what to do about my work tomorrow. Don't know if I'll go balls in or try to make it more presentable or not haha

What's the process?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
PSA: Uniqlo stops taking phone orders on 6/1 in anticipation of the opening of their new brick & mortar stores.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you got that?!

tbh i don't really like the mattel stuff. my friend got the longsleeve which IMO was the best shirt seven got.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
you got that?!

tbh i don't really like the mattel stuff. my friend got the longsleeve which IMO was the best shirt seven got.

haha no I didn't get it, seven only had a large and it's out of my budget right now but I want one so bad. I think I know what l/s tee you're talking about and I really liked that too

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
brooks bros boys. It's a slimmer fit, and it's cheaper.

biggrin.gif

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mikey you would probably do well buying a boy's suit from somewhere that sells it; you'll save money and probably get a better fit. H&M might even be a bit long on you but there's no harm in trying one on. You could try MtM but if you're only wearing a suit one or two times a year then there's not much of a point.

I always thought the best way to play it is mid-gray worsted wool suit (flap pockets/double vent/flat front/notch lapel), white poplin shirt (no ******* around with button-down or cutaway collar, just a standard collar, button cuffs, no pocket or back pleat), black silk tie with width close to lapel width, and black captoes (like some Loakes or something). But you ******** around with almost anything and no one will notice because it's not something people are trained to care about.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep spending too much on things i don't necessarily have the balls to wear out in public..
bad habit

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
I keep spending too much on things i don't necessarily have the balls to wear out in public..
bad habit

We need examples.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice everyone. uniqlo is going to be hard to pass by mom (she's paying for the suit, flame away) because I can't try it on. but there is a bb store not too far from me. but if I can't fit into the boys stuff it is going to be a waste because the price limit is going to be $500 or so, so regular bb sizes would be too much. but there are some h&ms not too far, could also check those out.

actually, scott should just sell me his new suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads