• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
why a single sole for stompers?

I hadn't given this much thought. I think the single sole more elegant, but for chinos/jeans maybe the double is more appropriate? I understand the double is tougher, but that does translate into more comfortable? By stompers I mean my main get around town shoe.

Thank you Pliny, those posts were very helpful. This photo on page 80

R0011936.jpg

with the bordeaux 2nd from the right makes me want it
smile.gif

dasai

Reaction score
I think the "Berkeley" in that picture (the EG-lookalike punch-cap oxford) in black would be my ideal conservative business dress shoe. If money were no object, of course.
musicboohoo[1].gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by P. Bateman

alright P.

listen to pliny and you're done. he is one of the most experienced VASS "users" around.

you cannot go wrong with your ideas. that's for sure.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
I got some PMs regarding loafer sizing for Vass. Here's some sizing info that I can share with you. The guys who have U last loafers told me they downsized a half size for them to fit well (FYI these guys upsized a half size for their U last oxfords. For example, someone might wear F last 42.5, have U last oxfords in 43, and fit well in U last 42.5 loafers).

For F last, I use the same size for oxfords and loafers. Hope that helps.

thanks! this is just what I wanted to know

Originally Posted by LanceW
IMO double sole is less comfortable before breakin and more comfortable after.

+1 double keeps shape better too

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The order has been placed
smile.gif
: 86 shoe Size: 43.5 U last Cordovan in bordeaux color Double sole In-sole metal toe tap Shoe trees Looking forward to contributing some Appreciation in ~4 weeks.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread needs more photos. We all know recent Kolecho shipments have arrived.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
This thread needs more photos. We all know recent Kolecho shipments have arrived.

Give me just a few more days....
26/05/2011\t02:54\tItem information registered manually\t LCI
26/05/2011\t02:37\tDeparture from office of exchange\t UNKNOWN
26/05/2011\t00:23\tYour item has been sorted\t Antwerpen X Parcel Sorter
25/05/2011\t16:43\tItem accepted in network\t GENT ZUID

mikevienna

Reaction score
Have any of the SF'ers based in Austria bought Vass shoes from this place in Vienna?
http://www.abbaschuhe.at/abba.htm
How is it for price compared to Vass' own store in Budapest? I imagine that the selection of models available in Vienna is somewhat limited.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikevienna
Have any of the SF'ers based in Austria bought Vass shoes from this place in Vienna?
How is it for price compared to Vass' own store in Budapest? I imagine that the selection of models available in Vienna is somewhat limited.

i'm not sure, if they still carry vass on a regular basis. haven't seen any there recently.

they had a big sale more than a year ago. i assume, they sold overstock models. regular prices were compareable to budapest. sales price was very good. iirc € 280,-

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This thread needs more photos.

approved

We all know recent Kolecho shipments have arrived.

not approved. this is not general knowledge.

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikevienna

I bought there Vass in December'09. There was some kind of sale and I got a pair for less then 300EUR. What was also appealing to me that personnel over there spoke Russian, as they were Soviet immigrants.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Give me just a few more days....

Look forward to seeing what you got!

not approved. this is not general knowledge.

I believe it is. He always sends things out very soon after they arrive to him. I was surprised at how fast mine got to me this round while others (like Spoo's) seem to be taking a bit longer. Customs is always unpredictable it seems!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe it is.

no offense. it's not. why should somebody else as the buyer care of shoe orders from a random seller. sf approved or not.

imo, that would be a bit much, no?

He always sends things out very soon after they arrive to him.

that's very kind or should i say professional? fwiw, i do the same. that's self evident in modern business.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no offense. it's not. why should somebody else as the buyer care of shoe orders from a random seller. sf approved or not. imo, that would be a bit much, no?
Ok, I'm confused. I'm just saying that Kolecho is a great guy who sends out orders as they come in and since the orders are consolidated generally speaking most guys will get their shoes somewhere around the same time give or take a week or so depending on customs and logistics from one country to the next. Therefore, let's see more pics from guys who have received them recently! :^)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads