• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206
Hey do you, or anyone else, know if the pre-order that Alden DC is doing is the EXACT shoe that Mac has on but in boot form?
Originally Posted by HorseHide
I'm confused, Alden DC is doing a pre-order for a ravello medallion cap toe boot? I thought they were doing a pre-order for the ravello medallion cap toe blucher (which I already have
devil.gif
).

I'm pretty sure that the Alden DC preorder that everyone has been talking about is for the blucher, not the boot, though I didn't ask Kathy directly when I placed mine. Realistically speaking, I'd be fine either way, but since this one will definitely be on the Plaza last, I would probably prefer the blucher. However, a boot version on the Grant, Barrie, or Trubalance last would be really cool, I'd get in on that if it ever came to be.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some shadow fail here, but here is the color of my new Ravello Wingtip boots. to my eye I see a lot of caramel/mid brown, not a lot of red like some other pics I have seen (like epaulet version of this boot)
IMG_1038-1.jpg
IMG_1039.jpg
IMG_1040.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nutcracker
Hi folks on Alden thread, I recently worked on a scanlation of a shoe dissection article from the Japanese magazine MEN's EX. Basically, those folks dissected a whole bunch of expensive shoes, an Alden V-Tip in Modified Last (Japanese favorite), EG Dover, G&G St.James II, and a JM Weston Golf. lotsa interesting material here. Hope you folks enjoy my
translation, not perfect, but should be understandable. Better quality files are attached below. Enjoy
smile.gif
5742722107_0b1175255e_b.jpg
5718734515_e2ddc6defb_b.jpg
5713678080_c02e765888_b.jpg
5723372280_30e51dc73e_b.jpg
5742655167_3d812bcd7d.jpg
5718743221_72fbefe87d.jpg
5713621232_ab8155f710.jpg

5723374584_985cfc48a5.jpg

thanks man. this is really cool. you did a great job

Pastor

Reaction score
Good luck with that - you'll be the only one trying for a pair of ravellos on sale!
laugh.gif

I had NO PROBLEM buying both LWB in Cigar and a pair of the Ravello short wings boots early Feb this year AFTER the 10% off sale. I have no reason to doubt that the Ravello NST will be available in my size at the start of the sale coming up. If not, no big deal. Presently, they have almost every size available and they've had them for a long time. The Ravello NST seems to not be a popular shoe.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if you see a pair of rare shell Alden's you really want you buy them now without waiting for the sale. You never know when your size will be gone and 10% isn't a huge deal to save. Yiudont know how much longer you'll have to wait. For other leathers I would wait

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
I have some shadow fail here, but here is the color of my new Ravello Wingtip boots. to my eye I see a lot of caramel/mid brown, not a lot of red like some other pics I have seen (like epaulet version of this boot)
IMG_1038-1.jpg
IMG_1039.jpg
IMG_1040.jpg

The Epaulet version isn't red. My Epaulet wing tip ravello boots looked like this when they were new. Mine have a greater shine and have darkened with wear.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
Those Ravello NST of mrUnicorns are lighter in color that the Whiskey NST that Mac is wearing today. I want a pair of Ravello NST but i'm afraid to order over the internet for fear of getting a light colored pair. When the Shoe Mart has its Alden sale i'm going to call see if they can pick me out a pair of Ravello's with a lot of red tones in them.
Don't be afraid. I'm sure you'll be fine. The difference is, I'm sure, due to wear and camera/lighting variances. What is this Shoemart sale you speak of? Irregulars?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm confused, Alden DC is doing a pre-order for a ravello medallion cap toe boot? I thought they were doing a pre-order for the ravello medallion cap toe blucher (which I already have
devil.gif
).

pre-order is for a blucher, NOT a boot !

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206
Hey do you, or anyone else, know if the pre-order that Alden DC is doing is the EXACT shoe that Mac has on but in boot form?

As much as I love the shoes that Mac has I think Id perfer to have these...

leffotravello.jpg

..but I dont know if I'd ever get a chance to snag a pair (Anyone with a 10.5??? Please PM me!) so I might look into getting a pair of the make-up Alden DC is coming out with.

Damn, that boot is sick ! Details???

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer

IMG_1038-1.jpg

Wow, that didn't take long. Those the ones you ordered Thursday? Mine are still in New Jersey on their way to North Dakota. Really nice too! Can't wait to wear 'em.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nutcracker
Hi folks on Alden thread,

I recently worked on a scanlation of a shoe dissection article from the Japanese magazine MEN's EX. Basically, those folks dissected a whole bunch of expensive shoes, an Alden V-Tip in Modified Last (Japanese favorite), EG Dover, G&G St.James II, and a JM Weston Golf. lotsa interesting material here. Hope you folks enjoy my translation, not perfect, but should be understandable. Better quality files are attached below. Enjoy
smile.gif
]

Incredible. Lotsa gemming all around!
laugh.gif

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by velomane
Wow, that didn't take long. Those the ones you ordered Thursday? Mine are still in New Jersey on their way to North Dakota. Really nice too! Can't wait to wear 'em.

Yeah I live 3 hours from shoemart so shipping is fast

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by velomane
Where did you guys order them from?

ChessDan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
I had NO PROBLEM buying both LWB in Cigar and a pair of the Ravello short wings boots early Feb this year AFTER the 10% off sale. I have no reason to doubt that the Ravello NST will be available in my size at the start of the sale coming up. If not, no big deal. Presently, they have almost every size available and they've had them for a long time. The Ravello NST seems to not be a popular shoe.

There is going to be an Alden DC sale? When?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads