• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
here you go eason, happy now? (before/after)
tumblr_lldrs94sAK1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lljvrv0KyM1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

Jealous, man. My hair is too fine to be the length it is on top right now, so it's been resembling Edward Furlong's mop in T2 recently. Gotta cop Public Enemy tee and lose four inches of height to complete the look.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tyler, the Creator hates SW&D:

I'm Bout To Sell Out And Change. Leather Jackets And High Top Sneakers Are About To Be Copped! Da Gucci And LV Too!
Hahahahahaha. No.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
tween spirit PSA: opening ceremony in New York has a full size run restock of gitman cheetah shirts and shorts, both colors

don't know if this is reflected online or not since im on my phone

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Who's Tyler?

He's the main reason a search of the term "swag" on your forum will turn up dozens and dozens of page results.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
He's the main reason a search of the term "swag" on your forum will turn up dozens and dozens of page results.

I'd credit lil b with the start of that

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

I hate riddles. Everyone uses the stupid term. I thought that Drew was the guy who really started using the term here.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I hate riddles. Everyone uses the stupid term. I thought that Drew was the guy who really started using the term here.

Ok, old man.
inlove.gif

Tyler is the leader of Odd Future, a rap collective that's popularity is rising at an almost alarming rate. Their live shows, attended almost exclusively by white males, tend to feature endless chants of "swag."

Though Kvc is right; Lil B REALLY popularized it, though other rappers can lay claim to actually putting out songs with "swag" in the title prior to that.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"swag" or "swagger" has been around for a minute. i don't think it's fair to say that any one guy popularized it. larry hoover's gang was called the "swagger gangsters"

jim jones and juelz have been saying "swag splashin" since before OF existed.

not to mention swag surfing

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's hard to say lil b "really" popularized it considering to the general public (at least among my friends) very few have even heard of who lil b is.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talking about the forums.. I guess I'm thinking more of sufu though

ryannn

Reaction score
Just picked up the PCM jacket from the post office the other day, it weighs like more than all the kags I know.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
laugh.gif
facepalm.gif

Now go find out the English slang definition for swag
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by aeglus
here you go eason, happy now? (before/after)
The color of your hair in the first picture is awesome, a little jealous My apartment's office is holding onto a package for me, I think it's my new boots but they were randomly closed today, not cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads