• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
I don't recall a Viserys bathtub sex scene in the books. Or the one with Theon. It seems like HBO is adding them in, along with dialogue to explain the backstory stuff - Viserys with the history of the Targaryens and dragons, Theon on the Greyjoy rebellion and his being a hostage/ward of the Starks.

Yeah, HBO is really fond of sexposition

WizKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox
Yes, and he's doing one hell of a job. He's the best part of the show.

Agree.

After hearing great things about the books, I picked up the first of the series and am about 2/3 of the way done with it in the last couple days. Glad I'm finally past the first five episodes (I watched them first before I picked up the book). Surprised at how true to the writers have stayed to the books, minus certain scenes already mentioned.

Tyrion, Jon Snow, and Bran are the POV's I look forward to the most.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5 or whatever episodes in and I know only NEd Stark and Robert by name.

Keroberos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
5 or whatever episodes in and I know only NEd Stark and Robert by name.
knight.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't want to read rest of thread for fear of spoilers...

I have read the first book and am 2/3 done with the second book...If I start watching the show is it going to spoil anything for me?

I am curious both in the sense of running plot points out of order or making references to the future (this happened to me with the first girl with the dragon tattoo movie...the flashbacks spoiled some of the mystery from the later books which I had not finished yet)
or in the sense of depicting characters in a way that is so different from how they are portrayed in the books. That isn't a huge worry but since there are so many characters that come in and out of the story, many of them are pretty undeveloped (or not yet introduced) at the point where I am in the series.

edit: I didn't think I needed to ask (since I keep hearing about it and people who have read the books seem to like it), but is it actually worth tuning in?

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Don't want to read rest of thread for fear of spoilers...

I have read the first book and am 2/3 done with the second book...If I start watching the show is it going to spoil anything for me?

I am curious both in the sense of running plot points out of order or making references to the future (this happened to me with the first girl with the dragon tattoo movie...the flashbacks spoiled some of the mystery from the later books which I had not finished yet)
or in the sense of depicting characters in a way that is so different from how they are portrayed in the books. That isn't a huge worry but since there are so many characters that come in and out of the story, many of them are pretty undeveloped (or not yet introduced) at the point where I am in the series.

edit: I didn't think I needed to ask (since I keep hearing about it and people who have read the books seem to like it), but is it actually worth tuning in?

I wouldnt think it would spoil anything. The majority of the threads been pretty good about keeping **** in spoiler tags.

Actually to me the tv series spoiled some stuff but thats because I finished AFFC like 2 years ago or something so I forgot what happened in this book.

TOMORROW TOMORROW

JustChris

Reaction score
Watching the show shouldn't be a problem, since it's only supposed to cover the first book. So far, I haven't seen anything that would ruin your reading of the rest of the books. If anything, you need to stop reading this thread, since it's done a lot of mixing discussion of the show with discussion of the books (all of them), though as said, folks have been pretty good with the use of spoiler tags.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustChris
Watching the show shouldn't be a problem, since it's only supposed to cover the first book. So far, I haven't seen anything that would ruin your reading of the rest of the books. If anything, you need to stop reading this thread, since it's done a lot of mixing discussion of the show with discussion of the books (all of them), though as said, folks have been pretty good with the use of spoiler tags.

Yeah, I was planning on not reading the thread again after it airs tonight (unless it is something that specifically quotes one of my posts in reply). I looked at the first page or so since somebody mentioned that people were good with spoiler tags but I understand that it is so easy to make some comment about how some sort of decision turns out 3 books later so I shouldn't read anything until I have made it through the body of published literature.

Making it through the books however is gonna take a while :-D I am thinking about adding a short novel in between 2 and 3 just to give myself a break so I don't hit that withdrawal wall when I finish book 4 and don't have anything left to read.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Time Warner doesn't have HBO GO....are you effing kidding me?! Now I really do have to wait 'til next Sunday.
ffffuuuu.gif

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I don't see at least seven instances of beheadings, incest and gay sex this week I will be sorely disappointed.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tonight's ep. will feature something happening to Viserys...
bounce2.gif

He gets his golden crown!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
tumblr_ll2mi9ZMkO1qzm2geo1_500.gif

tumblr_lkygcpkbUV1qawrlro1_500.png

The little tomboy one is the best character on the show. Her older redhead sister is teh sexy.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kyoung05
Is this the same guy that plays the dwarf?

naughty-memes-i-am-not-and-will-never-be.gif

Yes, and he is 100% badass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads