• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official and awesome DIY thread ***

xCrunchx

Reaction score
Fine. I knew someone was gonna say that. Also ill give pics of some of my pants that I DIYed

xCrunchx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
ive got some neoprene leggings, its easy to pierce with a needle if thats what you mean?

Yeah. I am thinking of a legit scuba suit which probably would be very uncomfortable if you wear it everyday. Maybe I will go spandex or some other material, though neoprene does hold its shape and wont crease and stuff whereas spandex or microfibre will fold, wrinkle and crease etc.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i find mine to be hot, but ive worn them in the last two weeks and not the winter(which i plan to)
im not sure if its because its not a breathable material or because of the humidity in this spring weather. either way they are comfortable to wear. they give my legs a "bounce" when i walk...if that makes sense.

xCrunchx

Reaction score
Heres the sweatpants, probs just wear it in the house. Makes my hips looks like a 50 year old woman because i sized up. looks kinda like a drop crotch but if i find normal sized sweats ill do another one. dont really care it was like $7.
IMG_5982.jpg

heres my $20 PRL chino, sad I know. Used to be heaps baggy.
IMG_5969.jpg

I might patch some random stuff on the elbows with leather? or denim or some crap. Anyone have an idea of making a cloak or like a jedi robe kinda thing? The thing with DIYing is that if you make it look like it was DIYed, probably the chaing colour etc, it makes it look old and used and stuff. But like with fits; you can copy another fit of a real pair or shirt and itll look fine and real.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest bag:
5743461850_cb8817d511.jpg

5743461872_ba42a756f0.jpg

Some of my previous works:
5742911981_38377d8352.jpg

5743463906_5b3202d494.jpg

(Yes this one is a woman's purse)
5743462108_40b0b6b8e8.jpg

5742910285_98835702ee.jpg

alexanduh

Reaction score
**** celery how much for that duffel?

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$175 shipped CONUS if you're interested.

mgz

Reaction score
The one below the duffle looks really nice! How much for one?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
$175 shipped CONUS if you're interested.

This is a fair price.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No offense to the leather doodz, but as there are already several threads devoted to leather accessory crafting, it would be nice if we could keep this one garment-related.

xCrunchx

Reaction score
My black M65 jacket is waiting for something to be done to it. Ideas anyone?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xCrunchx
My black M65 jacket is waiting for something to be done to it. Ideas anyone?

Same here. Was just thinking about replacing the buttons with some blue or orange ones. Small changes, big rewards.

Maybe.

@xcrunch: those actually look pretty good. lol at $9,000,000 sweatpants done at home for $7.

ghostdog123

Reaction score
Come winter Synthese will realise his folly and start sowing every appendage back on in an attempt to cope with a reversal of the weather...

Originally Posted by Synthese
So far this summer my DIY has consisted of:

cutting drkshdw combo pants into shorts

cutting rick swing shorts into shorter swing shorts

cutting the sleeves off a pleasure principle hoodie

I shouldn't be allowed near scissors.

Originally Posted by Synthese
Oh right. Those got turned into shorts.

xCrunchx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Same here. Was just thinking about replacing the buttons with some blue or orange ones. Small changes, big rewards.

Maybe.

@xcrunch: those actually look pretty good. lol at $9,000,000 sweatpants done at home for $7.

LOl yeah its roomy in the crotch for ultimate comfort and snug in the legs to keep me warm. Next ill do a sweatshirt, the weekend is finished maybe next time. I was thinking of getting silver buttons metal buttons and chucking them on or somehow making the pocket flaps all grey?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads