• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much going on Gnatty ... the tie and the shirt don't go well together in pattern or color. The shoes are
drool.gif
obiter dictum, great outfit. Everything fits very well.

QBNCGAR

Reaction score
Aiight. Before you all fire away, a few simple notes - this suit is one of two newly tailored, not taken to the dry cleaner yet (literally picked up the day of the shot). I like the shirt but NOT with this suit. I haven't been able to find a pocket square, yet. I will be wearing french cuffs ideally, if I can find a fitted shirt between now and next week's wedding. The photographer, Mrs. Q, is not quitting her day job.
plain.gif
I am not good at self-posing.
redface.gif
Haven't bought a suit in 15 years, haven't bought a SC in 6 or 7. I have NO idea how to correct the collar/lapel gap. The suit is actually navy but it was very overcast and no respectable amount of color tweaking would make it appear anything but charcoal. Getting ready for a wedding - I still have a few days to do more shopping. Lay it on me. Attachment 65121 Attachment 65122 Attachment 65123 Attachment 65124

camorristi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Too much going on Gnatty ... the tie and the shirt don't go well together in pattern or color.

The shoes are
drool.gif

obiter dictum, great outfit. Everything fits very well.

I have that same gingham shirt...what color/pattern tie would go with it?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
TTO - hot dog taht's good stuff!

old dog/trix - that navy SC you posted recently fit you reall well, newer? different maker? anyway, much trimmer look... that beige one however...looked oversized IMO.

Kappelan - you lost me with the light jeans and black loafers there... :-(

neyus - I think it's overdone... sleeves too tight and short, too much waist suppression, spread collar's too spread... know what I mean? it's everything to the extreme.

NDW - great looking shoes.

Spoo - that color combining probably shouldn't work in theory but it does. I don't know how you did it but it all works.

obiter dictum - what's not to like?

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Dig - don't think it matters, or that it can be controlled (like the shoulder stripe pattern matching issue). I may be wrong though.
Most tailors I have used or seen working match the front part of the collar to the top of the lapel or the backside of the collar to the back. This works better with some patterns (both cloth and paper) than with others. Some do both, which involves a lot of ironing work.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
A rare fit from a habitual lurker. Feel free to butcher.
- all good, maybe change shoes.. But all good

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday..
110521109.jpg

110521115.jpg

110521116.jpg

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
^ Damn those eggs look good

The egg looks great, but they seem to have stolen your bacon and replaced it with lord knows what?

-TTO

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- all good, maybe change shoes.. But all good
Yeah, brown probably would've worked better. Love your blog by the way, nice to see you posting here again.

DaBatMan

Reaction score
is there a thread here for business casual dress... tie optional and warmer climates? I feel the title of this one suggests other than the typical 2pc, 3pc, sport coat outfits that I regularly see here. I feel out of place as my office is as described in my first few sentences. I often feel under dressed for this thread as well as the conservative business dress tread that was started this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads