• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
We just started watching all of the Harry Potter movies in order. One per evening. Three wasn't very good. I don't think I have seen an entire HP movie after 1-3. Which ones are the best?

Goblet of Fire. Don't even bother with the rest.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I watch Terminator 2 last night. It's pretty amazing how well it's aged.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roxstar
does anyone have any suggestions for great french films?
Why French specifically? Irma Vep Boarding Gate Diva Band of Outsiders/Bande à Part La JetÃ
00a9.png
e Bob le Flambeur La Haine L'Intrus Innocence
(2004) Pickpocket I also saw Grandrieux's Sombre not long ago, and while I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, it is a very unique viewing experience that might be worthwhile to some.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I watch Terminator 2 last night. It's pretty amazing how well it's aged.

My personal opinion, it's still the best action movie ever made. It was so far ahead of its time.

I just finished watching Tron: Legacy. It feels like its been 50,000 years since I saw the original Tron so I forgot a lot of the plot, which was nice, watching the new one was like watching it for the first time. I enjoyed it. Visually, it's amazing. And having Olivia Wilde in it, is an added bonus.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
saw everything must go today. not too bad. some schmaltzy hollywood-esque moments in there. I suppose that is to be expected however. REally god to see Will Ferrell in a non-comedic role. In case anyone is wondering I'd recommend it.

Got Princess Mononoke in the DVD player now.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Finished "Disappearance of Alice Creed". Not awful, not good, not bad... I guess I enjoyed it more than I want to admit. Just added Moon and Notebook on Cities and Clothes to the Netflix queue which currently has: \t\tThe Last King of Scotland \t\t \t\tThe Square \t \t\tRififi \t\t \t\tPrincess Mononoke \t\t \t\tBrazil \t\t \t\tElevator to the Gallows \t \t\tThe Leopard (English version) \t \t\tAlphaville\t \t\tStray Dog\t \t\tThe Return\t \t\tSuicide Club \t\t \t\tDiabolique \t\t \t\tArmy of Shadows \t \t\tThe Vanishing \t\t \t\tCure \t\t \t\tTell No One \t\tThe Beat That My Heart Skipped \t\t \t\tGummo \t\t \t\tStreet Fight
Gummo grossed me out Recently watched: Smokin Aces 2 Deadfall Trail The Pixar Story

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
1973_Scenes_from_a_Marriage.jpg

t28278wzigc.jpg

It's an obvious nod to "˜Scenes from a Marriage', but it's one to avoid. You'd think the dream pairing of Woody and Mazursky couldn't go wrong. Mazursky's worst. Stay well away.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 Centimetres per Second - Makoto Shinkai.

I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS HIGHLY ENOUGH. Absolutely gorgeous and fantastic. You can find it online.

600full-5-centimeters-per-second-poster.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am watching around 20 films at the Seattle International Film festival over the next few weeks.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I am watching around 20 films at the Seattle International Film festival over the next few weeks.
What's your itinerary? I have 11 films lined up at the Sydney Film Festival.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads