• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Thick as Thieves grey wool suit (size 40R)

sam

Reaction score
FS: Thick as Thieves grey wool suit (size 40R)

Got this suit from Jason, but, unfortunately, it's a little tight in the back. It's really a great suit: the fabric has a great hand to it and the construction is excellent.

This is the grey wool fabric with a 3-roll-2 jacket (see pictures). The jacket is a size 40 (see measurements below) with an inch added to the length. The sleeves are 25" long and are WITHOUT working buttonholes, making it easier to tailor. The pants are a size 34, although the measurements would probably work better for someone who's a 32 (e.g., the front rise), and are unhemmed. The suit is new, and obviously unworn, minus me trying on the jacket.

A really great suit, but as I mentioned before, it doesn't quite fit me (damn!). I'm willing to let it go for $375 shipped within the US. If necessary, I can provide an eBay ID and you can look at my feedback.

More information on these suits can be found in this thread or at www.thickasthievesla.com.

Thanks, guys!

Measurements

These are the standard measurements unless otherwise noted.

Jacket (size 40):

Front shoulder: 18.5"
Chest: 42"
Stomach: 38"
Hem: 46"
Length: 30" (** 1" longer than standard jacket)
Sleeve length: 25" (** without working buttonholes)

Pants (size 34):

Waist: 34"
Hip: 38.5"
Croch to outer leg: 12"
Front rise: 11"
Thigh: 11.5"
Knee: 9"
Hem: 8"
Length: unhemmed

Pictures

Please excuse the quality.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Damn, looks really nice. You should post these pictures in the other thread, it's made me want the 3-2 even more.

CoryB

Reaction score
Might I make a request, can you provide your chest measurement and picture of your wearing jacket? I'm wanting buy a TaT suit, but I'm debating over sizes. The 2" difference seems very small to be. Thanks.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
looks cool. nice price for those suits.

maybe you can post a photo of yourself in that suit and make that

slightly slanted and abstract pose that only Get Smart is known to do?
smile.gif

sam

Reaction score
I should add that Jason's been kind enough to sell this suit at the retail location. I'm hoping it might sell here quicker.
Originally Posted by CoryB
Might I make a request, can you provide your chest measurement and picture of your wearing jacket? I'm wanting buy a TaT suit, but I'm debating over sizes. The 2" difference seems very small to be. Thanks.

I'm just shy of 40". The 2" difference is fairly small; it's a very slim cut jacket. I have fairly well-developed shoulders and that, coupled with the high armholes of the jacket, are what's making it too tight for me.

I will try to post pictures of me wearing the jacket, ala Get Smart if I can, shortly.

Stax

Reaction score
beautiful

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
You may be better off getting the 42 in any future orders, if that's the case.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I love people who make faces at you and never actually say what their problem is.
smile.gif

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sam
I should add that Jason's been kind enough to sell this suit at the retail location. I'm hoping it might sell here quicker.

I'm just shy of 40". The 2" difference is fairly small; it's a very slim cut jacket. I have fairly well-developed shoulders and that, coupled with the high armholes of the jacket, are what's making it too tight for me.

I will try to post pictures of me wearing the jacket, ala Get Smart if I can, shortly.

Sam, have you talked with Jason about how to fix those fit issues if you were to try again? I'm going to have the same problems, so would like to know how to attack. Sorry to continue the derail of the thread, but this is the first time TaT has gotten anything other than rave reviews. I fully believe that the raves are justified, but you can learn more from imperfections sometimes. Tom

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
As he said, it's most likely due to his build. On top of that, the suits are fitted quite close.

sam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Sam, have you talked with Jason about how to fix those fit issues if you were to try again? I'm going to have the same problems, so would like to know how to attack.

Sorry to continue the derail of the thread, but this is the first time TaT has gotten anything other than rave reviews. I fully believe that the raves are justified, but you can learn more from imperfections sometimes.
Tom

Tom,

I think if you do order a suit, you'll love it. The fabric, construction, and cut, especially at this price point, are great.

The problem is that I was just a little perfunctory in checking measurements. I think if I sized up to a 42, as Jovan wrote, and tucked the waist in on the jacket, I'd be set. In fact, that's what I'm going to do on my next order.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the waist would be nipped enough. At least to my tastes, but your mileage may vary. *shrug* I'm sizing up to a 40 since my shoulders are pretty broad and don't like mine as closely fitting. Another jacket I own is darn close to the specs of the 40 jacket, and fits perfect.

sam

Reaction score
Any takers? If you buy this suit, you'll be the envy of your friends and you will get laid. I guarantee it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads