• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Yesterday and today I am trying out Carthusia Corallium, but I have hay fever so bad I can hardly smell anything. Seems to be a dry woods type scent with a fresh/citrus top.

tps16

Reaction score
Yesterday, ADP colonia assolut
Today, Bois du Portugal--this seems to work well in summer, surprisingly enough. I thought it was more of a fall/winter scent only.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Today - Rose 31. There were a few leftover drops from the split so I used them up. Tomorrow:
W3nbH.jpg

boo

Reaction score
Have a blend of Saks for Him and jeans that haven't been washed in 3 years in an effort to achieve "awesome fadez". First time wearing them to work, and I never really noticed the smell till now
uhoh.gif

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Tomorrow:

rotflmao.gif

I can't wait to hear your report!

Diptyque L'Autre today. This one is definitely becoming a favorite.

Green Lantern

Reaction score
Got my Fugere Royale in today from TPC. My initial test left me highly enthused! Also, I'm thinking hard about a Vetiver test.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
rotflmao.gif
I can't wait to hear your report! Diptyque L'Autre today. This one is definitely becoming a favorite.

It was weird. I definitely wasn't as putrid smelling as I was expecting it to be. And I didn't smell like an unwashed **** either. More like something between a lightly exercises ball bag and a that scent that they put in feminine hygiene sprays. Will try again! L'Autre is the only other Diptyque that I ever found to be worthwhile other than Philosiykos.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo

L'Autre is the only other Diptyque that I ever found to be worthwhile other than Philosiykos.

You don't like Tam Dao?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
You don't like Tam Dao?
I liked it quite a bit before the reformulation. Now its just meh
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
Not to mention the genius that is Virgilio.
I don't think I've ever tried that one. Doesn't ring a bell.

Green Lantern

Reaction score
++1 for the Fougere Royale.
It has really been an education being a fly on the wall here in SCENTS, hearing you fellas banter about on base, mid and top notes. I have come to learn that there are "ole' standards" out there with new wizards adding a dash of this and dash of that to come up with new stuff. I also know that there are essences that range from the bright to dark and musky.
But I would really like to know "how does it make you feel?"
Last word: I am in the midst of exploring all the Vetiver complexes and now would like to find all the OUD entries and try them out.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Encens et Bubblegum.

rondark

Reaction score
Bleu by Chanel, it smells great! Where does everyone get their fragrances from? I tend to buy mine online, a place called Fresh. I'm excited to be here!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads