• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

rkusmant

Reaction score
I don't think they have good selection of cordovan, navy calf will be more realistic and keep the price low. I found this at Japanese blog
20080422223148.jpg
I'm thinking instead of using "Burford" as the base, we can use the "Eaton" without all the medallion and brogues.

mikecch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
it is... i think boots shouldn't look like sneakers and a blue sole makes it look like a sneaker!

Some people have enough brown/black shoes with brown/black soles already - variety makes it interesting, and obviously a colour combo that one person fancies may not excite another...no need to get too critical.

larryr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33
Just to consolidate, per rkusmant's instructions, what I would propose for a boot: (let me know if I am missing something or if you have any suggestions for improvement)

"Frans Boone Inspired Stow Boot"
Tricker's Stow 2297 Last 5 (Medium) Fitting
Color, Wheat Cavalier calf
Binding, Natural Binding.
Lining, Natural Calf Lining (open to a color option)
Pull Tabs, Dark navy Pull Tabs.
Eyelets, Brass Eyelets.
Welt, Barbour Welt in Natural Finish.
Sole, Gumlite Microfoam Sole in Dark Navy

Hope others are interested.

How much would this be?

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ 270 british pounds if shipped to the U.S. (because of not being charged VAT). So at todays exchange rate $437. Pretty good deal if you ask me, relative to what these boots go for at retail.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
I don't think they have good selection of cordovan, navy calf will be more realistic and keep the price low.

I found this at Japanese blog

I'm thinking instead of using "Burford" as the base, we can use the "Eaton" without all the medallion and brogues.

Hmm, those image links are broken.

I'd be up for a navy double monk.

Mr. Moo had these double monks recently.
vwrdd4.jpg

Some one had these for sale too. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=217279

DSCF8720.jpg

DSCF8723.jpg

DSCF8724.jpg

rkusmant

Reaction score
wow, the link is just gone. It's basically a 'Burford' with 2 leather strips with buckles (similar to engineer boots) across the top. similar buckle to this Tricker's
20090126231717.jpg
Also, found out that Tricker's made this nice dress boots
20090731115556a36.jpg

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Wes Bourne had some ideas for an interesting boot but I'll let him post them.

Just gotta work out my sizing first.
wink.gif

alladin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alladin
How about this boot on last 81. It is the stow, but I guess we could request it to be a cap-toe with no broueing.

Also, what is the status of the Roy boot. I would be interested in brown zug grain with no storm welt (leather or dainite)

stowlast81.jpg

No love for this type of dress boot? I think it would look great in coffee/brown zug grain on double leather sole.

rkusmant

Reaction score
The Roy boots has no takers at this time. The boots look sleeker than Stow, do you know what last they're made of? Richard just send me these photos
019.jpg
017.jpg
003.jpg
009.jpg
They'll only be available via MTO so the best bet is group buy, but I believe we can modify the boots. I personally think if the buckles on the biker's boots are located in front (across the laces) it'll be better, make it double buckle at the front, add perforated captoe, lose the 'gear shift' patch and the wingtip.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since there is no dedicated trickers thread -- as my friend is coming back from the UK, is ~190GBP or ~300usd considered a good price for Brand New Trickers Bourton or Stow?
280_280_1803_1.jpg
280_280_2295_1.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
since there is no dedicated trickers thread -- as my friend is coming back from the UK, is ~190GBP or ~300usd considered a good price for Brand New Trickers Bourton or Stow?
280_280_1803_1.jpg
280_280_2295_1.jpg

yeah it is. if he can pick up a pair itll save you atleast $150 in cost/shipping/headache

rkusmant

Reaction score
anymore takers on the navy double monkstrap?

FYI, Please submit your down payment for both LW shoes and Eaton for Septermber 2011 folks, and don't forget to update me here or via PM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads