• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Doing my best mcarthur today...

2011.05.18_1.jpg

2011.05.18_2.jpg

well done

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by terradilavoro
Congrats zipphy! these navy LWB are really great - when i wear mine (van Bommel) i want to sing always

"....Now go, cat, go.
But don't you step on my blue suede shoes.
You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes...."

Attachment 65015 Attachment 65014

cheers Joachim

Thanks, but not mine. I was just pointing them out since I'd never seen that particular Alden combo before. They're somewhat tempting to me but not at the euro sourced price.

terradilavoro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
What would the US$ price be for those?

Hi Pastor,

Floris van Bommel Nave Suede € 219 apprx. US $ 315
http://www.florisvanbommel.com/en/

Pierre Cardin Navy Suede Belt € 39 apprx. US $ 56
http://www.amazon.de

Shipping Germany > US up to 1 KG € 12 $ 17 / up to 2 KG € 30 $ 43

kind regards
Joachim

Danito

Reaction score
Hello all,

I purchased my first first pair of Aldens (captoe boot #8) about a month ago and am loving them. I am thinking about buying a shoe and am wondering if the shoes have a slightly different fit than the boots even if they are the same last. For instance would a pair of cordovan longwings on the barrie fit exactly like my boots?

thanks

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Danito
Hello all,

I purchased my first first pair of Aldens (captoe boot #8) about a month ago and am loving them. I am thinking about buying a shoe and am wondering if the shoes have a slightly different fit than the boots even if they are the same last. For instance would a pair of cordovan longwings on the barrie fit exactly like my boots?

thanks

They should. Although my pebble grain cap toe boots from Winn Perry, on Barrie last, fit a bit more snug width wise than my other shoes/boots that are also on the Barrie last.

Sans the Winn Perry's, all of my other Barrie last shoes/boots fit the same.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With a string of raw weather this week, I get to pull the moleskins out one last time before hanging them up for the season...

2011.05.19_1.jpg

2011.05.19_2.jpg

Special thanks again to mcarthur for the inspiration.

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
With a string of raw weather this week, I get to pull the moleskins out one last time before hanging them up for the season...

2011.05.19_1.jpg

2011.05.19_2.jpg

Special thanks again to mcarthur for the inspiration.

Okay, now you're pissing me off. In addition to bloody cordovan Aldens, now you're making me yearn for several pairs of those moleskin pants. Are those wheat colored ones also from epaulet?

On to other matters, FYI to the ravello lovers, shoe mart just got a few pairs of the wing tip boots. Not too many sizes, but at least mine was in there.
smile.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by velomane
Okay, now you're pissing me off. In addition to bloody cordovan Aldens, now you're making me yearn for several pairs of those moleskin pants. Are those wheat colored ones also from epaulet?

Ha! Sorry.
frown.gif

Yes, these are from Epaulet as well.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Whiskey LWB in pretty much every size available on shoemart now for those interested. Ordered the ravello wingtip boots. Surprised both of those have lasted on the site for so long. Usually rare colors/styles like those seem to vanish in hours on leathersoul.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kgmessier,

Really digging the pants/socks/shoes/
Was going to order some of the moleskin pants but decided to wait until fall. Looks like I NEED some shoes like that though.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana
Ordered the ravello wingtip boots. Surprised both of those have lasted on the site for so long. Usually rare colors/styles like those seem to vanish in hours on leathersoul.
damn. nicest Alden there is I think. nicest color, nicest style shoemart currently has a huge collection of LHS in ravello, whiskey, cigar, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads