• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
^^Still waiting for mine. What size did you get and what's your usual size?

I didn't know they had broken twills in black. I wouldn't get it, you only need one pair of black jeans man.

I got a Medium and my usual size is a Medium. It's pretty stiff, feels like the Solid Black Weird guys, imo. It is a nice fit though.

weatherbear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dj5h1fT
Was it hard for you to button it as well? It felt like I was putting on a pair of jeans.
definitely more difficult than any other shirt, but only the collar button was really a pain

^^Still waiting for mine. What size did you get and what's your usual size?
I got it in a size small which is what I usually wear

djc

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dj5h1fT
I got a Medium and my usual size is a Medium. It's pretty stiff, feels like the Solid Black Weird guys, imo. It is a nice fit though.
I just bought a bunch of shirts to sample - a few of the oxfords, lightweight chambray and linen blend. The lightweight chambray was pretty stiff and rigid as is, and it is only 8oz. I can only describe it feeling a little like paper. Not saying it is a bad thing though, just different from what I am used to wearing. The material is very breathable and it did soften up throughout the day. I found the sizing to run a little small - I am an XS for most brands I buy but I went for S with the N&F shirts and found it pretty tight especially around my forearm. If the sleeve didn't have that split there it is safe to say my arm wouldn't have fit through. That said - I am a great fan of the silhouette around the body.

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a struggle for me to put my hand through the sleeve and an even bigger struggle to get my hand out.
laugh.gif
A large would've been way too big for me.

effang

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 5'7" with ~22 - ~24 inch thighs and around a 29 inch inseam (no stacking). I'm usually a 30-31, and bought http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...mous+Denim&d=d in 29 beause i heard i should size down 1-2. Anyways, I'm going to have to have them hemmed. I wasn't really planning on washing these at all, but if I ever do, does that mean i have to soak them before I wear them? Is there a specific process I should take to break in my nudies and get the most fading out of them? Thanks!

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the sizing info guys. I went with a size large (my BoO and WvG size) based on the advice on here earlier as my chest measures 40". I'm a little worried it might be too big.

Dj5h1fT would you mind giving me the pit to pit measurements of your medium? Thanks.

lwkeung

Reaction score
To minimize any chance of uneven shrinkage (only minimal shrinking), it'd be wise to do a soak before hemming.
I think your sizing is fine.
After than, just wear it. Theres no process, it's a pair of jeans, not chemistry lab.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by effang
Hi,

I'm 5'7" with ~22 - ~24 inch thighs and around a 29 inch inseam (no stacking). I'm usually a 30-31, and bought

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...mous+Denim&d=d

in 29 beause i heard i should size down 1-2.

Anyways, I'm going to have to have them hemmed. I wasn't really planning on washing these at all, but if I ever do, does that mean i have to soak them before I wear them?

Is there a specific process I should take to break in my nudies and get the most fading out of them?

Thanks!

You should hot soak the jeans first to get rid of shrinkage before hemming them. I found the inseam to shrink on mine but I do put them in the dryer for 10 to 15 minutes after washing instead of hang drying.

There's no specific process to get the most fading. Just don't wash them that often and wear them a lot.

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
Thanks for the sizing info guys. I went with a size large (my BoO and WvG size) based on the advice on here earlier as my chest measures 40". I'm a little worried it might be too big.

Dj5h1fT would you mind giving me the pit to pit measurements of your medium? Thanks.

I just measured it and it is about 20.25"

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely glad I got the large. No way would I fit into that. Thanks.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm starting to get irritated with all the sizing questions each time i come to read new postings in this thread

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it is a thread for the brand and it's not like people are creating new threads to ask the question so whatever man. I have already e-mailed naked and famous twice in the past asking for shirt measurements and I never got a response so I asked in here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads