• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

rkusmant

Reaction score
what color is the leather? I don't think we can order the blue sole, from the details that Richard has provided me.

LW folks, please update me if you have made the payment. if not, please do so soon.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
what color is the leather? I don't think we can order the blue sole, from the details that Richard has provided me. LW folks, please update me if you have made the payment. if not, please do so soon.
The leather is referred to as "Wheat cavalier". Not sure if that is Tricker's proper name for it. Ahh, I thought the blue sole was a pretty awesome and unique feature. Never seen that before. If its not too much trouble, can you confirm that we can't get that on a MTO with Richard if/when you get a chance? The sole is referred to as the "dark blue navy Gumlite Vibram" sole.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Frans Boone Stows leather reminds me of a darker natural chromexcel. Or I guess a lighter brown cxl.
I'm not liking the gumlite sole. Frans Boone has some interesting makeups but they've really gone overboard on the gumlite and red brick soles.

rkusmant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33
The leather is referred to as "Wheat cavalier". Not sure if that is Tricker's proper name for it. Ahh, I thought the blue sole was a pretty awesome and unique feature. Never seen that before. If its not too much trouble, can you confirm that we can't get that on a MTO with Richard if/when you get a chance? The sole is referred to as the "dark blue navy Gumlite Vibram" sole.
Richard has told me that the soles that I list on the first post are the only available ones directly from Tricker's, he can modify yours if desired. I guess that's related to the exclusivity of the designers. zippyh, are you still up for the longwing boots? we need to gather more folks for this one.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Richard has told me that the soles that I list on the first post are the only available ones directly from Tricker's, he can modify yours if desired. I guess that's related to the exclusivity of the designers. zippyh, are you still up for the longwing boots? we need to gather more folks for this one.
How about with the gumlite microfoam in blue as a replacement? I would definitely be down for that if anyone else is. I really like the darker natural chromexcel look. And maybe the pull tab could down in navy blue as an accent to complement the soles. That seems pretty sick and unique to me.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Richard has told me that the soles that I list on the first post are the only available ones directly from Tricker's, he can modify yours if desired. I guess that's related to the exclusivity of the designers.

zippyh, are you still up for the longwing boots? we need to gather more folks for this one.

Yeah, I'd be up for a black scotch grain longwing boot with natural welt.
Either leather or dainite sole but no gumlite or crepe for me.
Adding some color to it with a red suede tongue and red pulls or something like that would be appealing to me too.

I'd also be up for something along the lines of leather/tweed Kelmscott/Stows like these.
They'd be ideal going into the fall but I can see how those might be an aquired taste.

Wes Bourne had some ideas for an interesting boot but I'll let him post them.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33
This boot is pretty sweet and might be another option for a mock up to add to the list if there is any interest. I would definitely be in, if anyone else is (and there is room at some point).

http://www.fransboonestore.com/defau...ue-boots.html#

Just to consolidate, per rkusmant's instructions, what I would propose for a boot: (let me know if I am missing something or if you have any suggestions for improvement)

"Frans Boone Inspired Stow Boot"
Tricker's Stow 2297 Last 5 (Medium) Fitting
Color, Wheat Cavalier calf
Binding, Natural Binding.
Lining, Natural Calf Lining (open to a color option)
Pull Tabs, Dark navy Pull Tabs.
Eyelets, Brass Eyelets.
Welt, Barbour Welt in Natural Finish.
Sole, Gumlite Microfoam Sole in Dark Navy

Hope others are interested.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
^ why would you want a blue sole on a boot? you might as well get some Jordans
I guess we can agree to disagree. The navy blue sole is pretty subtle in my opinion and is a cool contrast to the natural chromexcel-ish looking leather. Considering I am in suits all week, I like to have a little fun on the weekends within my aesthetic. But I can understand others would disagree.

rkusmant

Reaction score
Alright, the Boone's style Stow is up for grab. The veldtschoen is not available anymore, Tricker's won;t do that construction at all. The pattern is from an old sample, new pattern tun will cost too much so we won;t pursue it. AS MTO can do similar boots for 400GBP ish. I personally want to get a double monkstrap "Highgate" later this summer, anybody wanna join? maybe in similar colorway with Leffot anniversary Edward Green. EG
DSC_0011-500x332.jpg
Tricker's
20080422223051.jpg

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, the Boone's style Stow is up for grab. The veldtschoen is not available anymore, Tricker's won;t do that construction at all. The pattern is from an old sample, new pattern tun will cost too much so we won;t pursue it. AS MTO can do similar boots for 400GBP ish. I personally want to get a double monkstrap "Highgate" later this summer, anybody wanna join? maybe in similar colorway with Leffot anniversary Edward Green. EG
DSC_0011-500x332.jpg
Tricker's
20080422223051.jpg

I would definitely be interested in a double monk strap option. Would we be able to get a navy shell cordovan option or were you just think a calf equivalent?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads