• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by isshinryu101
HA! I LOVE the classy posters. You can always tell when mama taught the young boys well... and when she didn't.

Thanks for posting.

I would love to see the environment you grew up in. Whenever somebody doesn't like a shoe you post you criticise them of being rude, or ungracious.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
You gotta be honest, the shoes do look as if they've got smallpox! Nice 'bandage' on the vamp.

Small minds, big opinions and even bigger mouths. Where is that pesky 'natural selection' when you need it?

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edwin Clapp Ventilated Spectators, in Ostrich Skin & Mesh. Of course I needed SOME kind of exotic skin in order to buy them. New-Old-Stock, although the heels are disintegrating somewhat & will need to be replaced.

pretty f*kin epic. Best vintage mesh combos I've seen. I've never seen heels disintegrate like that so clearly.

Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
I read Edwin CRAP shoes first! Certainly the design is!

wrong

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I would love to see the environment you grew up in. Whenever somebody doesn't like a shoe you post you criticise them of being rude, or ungracious.

rude begets rude

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I read Edwin CRAP shoes first! Certainly the design is!"... If this isn't "rude", I don't know what is. My 'environment' is one where we often disagree... and argue, but we're always RESPECTFUL. My opinions and style has been roundly roasted by maybe 50% of posters who reply. 98% of them simply don't like them & say so. The other 2%... 'internet balls'. By the way, if he can dish it out, why can't he handle gettin' it handed back to him?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"I read Edwin CRAP shoes first! Certainly the design is!"...

If this isn't "rude", I don't know what is. My 'environment' is one where we often disagree... and argue, but we're always RESPECTFUL. By the way, if he can dish it out, whay can't he handle gettin' it handed back to him?

Not just to him, to others and myself. They are shoes. If he said you personally were crap for liking them that is a different story. Certaintly somebody thinking shoes are ugly shouldn't constitue as rude. Why sugarcoat an opinion on something material and trivial? Unless of course some self-worth is generated from it...

Small minds, big opinions and even bigger mouths. Where is that pesky 'natural selection' when you need it?

Saying this to somebody for not liking your shoes is kinda rude don't you think?

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not just to him, to others and myself.

I will be sure to give you a great big hug and let you know I still love you if we ever meet, my friend. If I had realized I had offended your sensibilities, I would have certainly responded to YOUR rude commentary with nothing but kindness and compassion for your fragile ego.

Luckily, you have appointed yourself the protector of all who have 'internet balls' and feel they can freely type things they would not say in person, but can't take it when it comes back just as hard.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will be sure to give you a great big hug and let you know I still love you if we ever meet, my friend. If I had realized I had offended your sensibilities, I would have certainly responded to YOUR rude commentary with nothing but kindness and compassion for your fragile ego.

Luckily, you have appointed yourself the protector of all who have 'internet balls' and feel they can freely type things they would not say in person, but can't take it when it comes back just as hard.

sarcasm.gif
Bless your little heart.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sarcasm.gif
Bless your little heart.

Ah, it's all in good fun, right? No one REALLY gets offended, we're all here just to have a good time with our wardrobes. A nice break from the real world where everything really IS serious.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sorry, the rabie didn't get anything right in his last two posts. so, what's the deal here?

are you guys struggling with the open minded argumentation of ishy? just saying...

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
pretty f*kin epic. Best vintage mesh combos I've seen. I've never seen heels disintegrate like that so clearly.

THANKS, Glad you like them. I was shocked when the heels went. Those chunks actually fell off in my hands. Luckily I consulted with Meister (resident vintage expert) BEFORE trying them on. I never realized that NOS is often much more dried out than worn vintage shoes. Sitting in those boxes with no moisture gets 'em.

These were in perfect condition, but dry as a bone. Had to REALLY moisturize them before putting them on. I'm still going to spend the next week treating them before getting new heals & wearing them out.

artoftime

Reaction score
These G&G's are what made me rethink chukkas.

DSC_0001.jpg

These are gorgeous, but definitely have more than a passing resemblance to the Silverstones
Thanks TD - they're fab.
And just what is your theory on Chukkas, anyway, Spoo?
I'm going to have a pair of Budapester Chukkas made just to make Fritzl smile
laugh.gif

bck

Reaction score
These G&G's are what made me rethink chukkas.
DSC_0001.jpg

Dericious chukkas. Makes me wanna do this to 'em:

Jorge

Reaction score
Edwin Clapp Ventilated Spectators, in Ostrich Skin & Mesh.

IMG_1414.jpg

Nice. Where to do you buy your vintage shoes?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
And just what is your theory on Chukkas, anyway, Spoo?

No chukkas for me. Im not a boot guy. I tried it, appreciate it deeply on others, but I just cannot for the life of me agree with it on my foot. Too bad - there are some lovely ones out there.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
No chukkas for me. Im not a boot guy. I tried it, appreciate it deeply on others, but I just cannot for the life of me agree with it on my foot. Too bad - there are some lovely ones out there.

you havent found the right ones for you yet then. thy friend is chukka.

AOT - glad you like the chukkas - I'm glad they fit you well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads