• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F.....U..... Mabitex

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Some of the clueless here will say a properly fitting pair of pants is "baggy as ****".
They have led you down the wrong path. Just learn to buy pants that actually fit.
conservative business dress pants should not be skin tight like a pinned fantasy photo shoot.
Problem solved.

I love my Mabitex. They are the most heavy duty pants I own.

"Nothing gets between me and my Mabitex!"

Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
+2

These are awesome pants, buy the right size.

I hear you guys but I've actually been buying them big in the waist and having them taken in to my actual waist size. I like their overall fit but guess they just don't work for my body. Which kinda blows considering the terrific price point. But I just can't risk seam tears.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricky
I hear you guys but I've actually been buying them big in the waist and having them taken in to my actual waist size. I like their overall fit but guess they just don't work for my body. Which kinda blows considering the terrific price point. But I just can't risk seam tears.

I've also been doing this this year (buying tagged 32s), which is why I doubt it's an issue of small seat.

Moreover, I have pairs that are tagged as 30 from last year which have had not problems at all.

viator

Reaction score
I have a pair from Daffys that I just put on for the first time last night - and the same thing happen. I guess there's a reason Daffys got that batch...

mouseandcat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by viator
I have a pair from Daffys that I just put on for the first time last night - and the same thing happen. I guess there's a reason Daffys got that batch...
yea, oddly enough i haven't had any problems the last 2 years, but this past batch (feb'11) i had this happen to two chino-lino combos...... i noticed a problem when i pulled on the pocket a bit and the lower seam attached to the outer pant seam tore......i told myself i'd take it to the tailor later in the week. then i got on my bike and the whole seat-seam came apart.

RebelWithACause

Reaction score
picked up three pairs from daffys, two ripped similar to the OP. The third, I just pulled apart and it opened up at the seam. Had them redone at the tailor and they seem good to go. These were the cotton linen blends.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mouseandcat
yea, oddly enough i haven't had any problems the last 2 years, but this past batch (feb'11) i had this happen to two chino-lino combos......
i noticed a problem when i pulled on the pocket a bit and the lower seam attached to the outer pant seam tore......i told myself i'd take it to the tailor later in the week. then i got on my bike and the whole seat-seam came apart.

Originally Posted by RebelWithACause
picked up three pairs from daffys, two ripped similar to the OP. The third, I just pulled apart and it opened up at the seam. Had them redone at the tailor and they seem good to go. These were the cotton linen blends.

My one lemon was a pair of chino-linos as well.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received two pairs of "tailored slim fit" pants from the GAP. Never thought I'd wear GAP clothes but they fit amazing. As slim as Mabitex and no seam ripping. For cheap good looking pants I'll be buying more of these.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both of mine that ripped were the cotton-linen blends. Based on the comments above, I'd say those are the most likely to bust.

As to having the stitching reinforced, I did it myself and they are solid as hell now.

mouseandcat

Reaction score
yea, i just using mine as rags now. the problem was that ALL the stitching was coming undone:

- outer leg seam (putting my hands in my pocket to get my keys out ripped the seam about 1/2 inch)
- waist band seam (where the small coin pocket is attached)
- seat seam (right at the crotch all the way up to the waist)

no, i wasn't wearing them after the seat seam busted.

mabitex: chino-lino (stone; dark khaki)

one pair only the seat busted open, re-stitched those and they are fine (i checked by tugging on the pockets and parts of the waistband and they were good).

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you guys having the same issue with Incotex from Daffy's?

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Around 2pm: noticed my shoelace was untied, bent over on my chair... RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

eztantz

Reaction score
Had my tailor redo my pair - I had a few pair of lino-chino that also busted at the seams - so far they seem to be holding up fine. I think I'm gonna take the others to be restiched as well. My tailor claims the type of stitching the manufacturer used unravels very easily once split (think he said it was a blind stitch or chain stitch which doesn't self lock). He claims the typical sewing machine stitch is called a lockstitch as it self locks on every stitch. Had him take it out 1/2 an inch in the seat just to be on the safe side.

Still pull my pants up a bit prior to sitting down in my car (quite a low seat and requires a big stretch) as I am afraid of it ripping again but bending down & tying shoes so far so good. It does suck to have to be so self conscious while wearing them though...

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
laugh.gif
these reports never stop being funny.
(i'm a fellow victim btw, but mine happened at home).

I had a hard time believing all these reports... till it happened to me too! Fortunately, I managed to go home for a quick change w/o anyone noticing; tied my rain shell around my waist to cover ******.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads