• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarettes

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RYO is the way to go but American Spirit is middling at best,

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by playhooky
For me, nothing can adjust my attitude like a couple hearty puffs off of a fresh hand-rolled cigarette. I prefer a slightly more exotic smoke with Northern Lights being my all around favorite. Nothing but compliments on Blue Berries from the ladies and for those really special occasions I'll scrounge up some Cristal Paradise
lookaround.gif

Cool forum

geez, way to be subtle

edit - i totally agree with you, though, exotic = good =b

thom_h

Reaction score
i used to smoke quite a bit, about a year or so ago. i loved 'cutters choice' rollups, but these days i've pretty much given up. well to be truthful, i'm a bit of a social smoker when i go out at night. i usually buy a packet of marlboro lights, or reds. whatever i fancy.

JamesT

Reaction score
Chesterfield unfiltered are my everyday brand of choice.

On occasion, I will pay a bit more of Davidoffs or Gitains.

casanova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesT
Chesterfield unfiltered are my everyday brand of choice.

On occasion, I will pay a bit more of Davidoffs or Gitains.

Don't you mean Gitanes?

Serge Gainsbourg always smoked Gauloises. They're probably the least popular cigarette in modern French perception, but I've a sneaky sympathy for an occasional packets of bleus..

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know why I'm contributing to a necro'd thread, but I might add that I've switched to smoking Golden Virginia handrolleds because cigarettes are beyond-insane-expensive here.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by casanova
In the UK by any chance?

Indeed. High taxes- however could youave guessed!
wink.gif

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
cheapest and best cigs out there, if youre a real man. also, nothing looks better with a pair of levis repros than rolling your own cig, pulling your zippo out of your coin pocket, and having a girl come up and ask "would you roll me one cowboy?"

I've done that before, but the response from the girl was "you're such a gawtdamned hippie...."
uhoh.gif

I roll whatever I've come across recently, currently smoking a big drum of Top RYO. Bugler mild/mellow in the yellow pouch has a great flavor and smell that reminds me of a light aromatic pipe tobacco. I'm going to have to try the American Spirit RYO next.

When I buy prerolled cigs, Kamel Reds were my absolute favorite. Excellent taste and strongest filtered cigarette I knew of. Lucky Unfilters were alright, but the taste got old after a while.

I'm an on/off smoker, and started back recently to help my stomach. I smoke 2-5 handrolls a day.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cheapest and best cigs out there, if youre a real man. also, nothing looks better with a pair of levis repros than rolling your own cig, pulling your zippo out of your coin pocket, and having a girl come up and ask "would you roll me one cowboy?"

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Bruce9241

Reaction score
i roll my own american spirits, 100% us grown tobacco. best ive found, puts nat shermans tobacco to shame. i pay 5$ for a 1.41oz/40g pouch. when i lived in virginia, it was 2.50. a pouch will last me 4 days.

Yea man, you're awesome. You're the coolest guy. Class act!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads