• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
From your expression, Theo, it looks like just before a major house burglary as well.

It was my second whole weekend off in twelve month's, I was making the most of it!

this is not an admission of guilt!

-TTO

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
You have no idea.
lol8[1].gif

Qubes, crusty is my source of inspiration as my search for proper cuff links begins. Look to Threadbearer to shorten your learning curve regarding tie selection as he is several grades ahead of us and is not afraid to share his experience and/or lack of. I think he might also be closest to you in build and stature as you both appear to be giants (from my diminutive perspective) and can answer some of your height related questions. Most everyone here has been quite tolerant of my clumsy attempts to improve myself and it's beginning to pay off, IMO. Before you wear those new ties, though, post a pic and ask SpooPoker's opinion. Spoo's a bit of a tyrant in the area of neckwear but his worst day would be my best ever. Lastly, if you click on my sig below, it will take you to my thread closet. You'll find much there from which to rapidly learn, young Jedi.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weather has turned a bit in London...

DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0140.JPG

Also - as an ode to teh wonderful Mr. Sams' masterpiece thread - a vastly inferior photoshop effort put together for people at work (as I was absent when our syndicate greyhound won a race in Ireland...).

DSC_0136.JPG

dog.jpg

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

Back to wearing ties already? So much for peer pressure.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do most of my shirts look so terrible tucked in? In a SW&D look untucked, this shirt looks fine, but tucked in it's bunchy on the sides and puffy in the back. Do I just need slimmer shirts? My office is super casual. Thanks.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's try this again......

Mike

RoundTwo1.JPG

RoundTwo2.JPG

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Really nice, Mike. I also think these sunglasses (and teh clubmastrs) suit you better than the more sportier ones.

Thanks, Nick.

I have worn Wayfarers since I was 16. I bought teh Clubmasters because I was tired of the "Risky Business" jokes, and because the S.O. hates the Wayfarers. However, I always have a pair of them around.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Nice, Mr. B. The roll to 1 is not my thing, but you're rocking it.

Thanks.

With this suit it is out of necessity.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- I'm going to be the minority here, but the lower buttoning point does not work here

Now there is irony for you. You were the one who suggested I start buttoning the DBs this way.
lol8[1].gif

I would prefer to button this one to the top button. However, I still have not been able to get my tailor to get the fit to my satisfaction.

Originally Posted by TTO
tumblr_lle23rwf8q1qe4lo2

Sunday, five in the morning, after a significant quantity of cheep red wine.
-TTO

Awesome, Theo. I bet the next day sucked though.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
5-18-114.jpg

You said yesterday's or Monday's suit was too short. I thought it looked fine. Now, this one is definitely too short.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
You said yesterday's or Monday's suit was too short. I thought it looked fine. Now, this one is definitely too short.

I wouldn't say that's too short personally.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by P. Bateman
Why do most of my shirts look so terrible tucked in? In a SW&D look untucked, this shirt looks fine, but tucked in it's bunchy on the sides and puffy in the back. Do I just need slimmer shirts? My office is super casual.

Thanks.

Slimmer and with no back pleats, which add a considerable amount of material to the lower back. If your drop is significant, you may want darts to make it look cleaner.

ctp120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
5-18-114.jpg

I'm a lousy photographer myself, but I think 95% of the "too short" comments would go away if you raised the camera to eye or at least chest level. The low angle view messes with proper perspective to judge length (and balance, for that matter). It's either that, or a lot of your coats really are short/have short front-balance. Do you have erect posture? Buttoning point is good, and you do Oxxford well (I presume this is another Oxxford based on the lapel/buttonhole angle?).

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spoopoker, malford and orgetorix, you guys should really post today's fits in the conservative business dress thread. i think it would be interesting to see the feedback you guys get.

sorry if you guys already have, i havent checked that thread yet.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omar1223
spoopoker, malford and orgetorix, you guys should really post today's fits in the conservative business dress thread. i think it would be interesting to see the feedback you guys get.

sorry if you guys already have, i havent checked that thread yet.

The one of me sitting on the greyhound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads