• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Crossposted as this is kinda a dinner/drinks type suit. Still have to get used to the high armholes on this bad boy... Charvet Brioni St. Andrews for RLPL AE
Looks good, but the pose makes it look a little awkward. I think that suit calls for a Holdfast pose... no aggro though
wink.gif
I'd like to see you in some different coloured dress wear. IIRC, 90% of your stuff seems to be very focused on dark grey, navy or medium blue. I could be wrong. How about some lighter greys, or maybe even browns or tans? Maybe throw a yellow or orange tie in with a navy suit?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Looks good, but the pose makes it look a little awkward. I think that suit calls for a Holdfast pose... no aggro though
wink.gif

I'd like to see you in some different coloured dress wear. IIRC, 90% of your stuff seems to be very focused on dark grey, navy or medium blue. I could be wrong. How about some lighter greys, or maybe even browns or tans? Maybe throw a yellow or orange tie in with a navy suit?

Hehe I thought about the Holdfast but was getting used to the shoulders. Maybe next time. I'm not much for earth tones. They don't go very well with my skin coloration. I throw down the occasional red, pink, purple, etc... as far as ties go, but 75+% of my shirts are white or light blue. I have a few lighter grey suits (the Isaia for example) but I'm not sure it works well with my skin tone iether.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
This is true. I noticed you raised some prices on some items I was considering shortly after you posted them. For that, I salute you.
I will apply the prices the market will bear. Seriously, if you're interested in anything, pm me. I accidentally posted an earlier version of that I'd prepared and swapped it out, but I'm not really interested in being a hardassed salesman. alright, enough shameless self promotion.

tangerine

Reaction score
shellshock, flsxik, SuperBobo and digital_denim all have my undying admiration for fits posted, and vaclava for poetic redeconstruction

posted crossly

031507F_IMG_1885.jpg
031507R_IMG_1886.jpg

EG

12 Grain

Imperial

Vans

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goblin
My lovely and long-suffering wife will likely be taking 90% of any pictures of me that get tooken, but I def. want a timer for the other 10%, and also for those times that I want to take a picture of ******* hanging out of my pants and e-mail it to unsuspecting friends while they're at work.

What about this dealie?
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A0620516

the SD600 isnt a bad cam but you can get one for cheaper probably as that model is on its way out, being replaced by the SD1000. The 600 takes decent shots for low light (which is a huge problem for compact cams, most come out super noisy, the sd is fixable)

Check out www.onecall.com they have some good **** at awesome prices (and are a local Mom and Pop operated place here in Spokane, the company, Huppins, has been open for nearly 100 years)

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag

Nice, I am the black guy of the group (or at least the most fractionally black guy of our nerd group.)

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Both of these pieces still need a lot of stretching and I don't really like this pic overly much, but regardless:

W&H
BBS
Acne
AE

77991764hc5.jpg

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
Shellshock, your lovely, photo, reminds my soul, that: "you can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.”
Originally Posted by whodini
If it is your, soul's request, I will translate back into original grammar: "Podrán cortar todas las flores, pero no podrán detener la primavera"
¿Sufre más aquél que espera siempre que aquél que nunca esperó a nadie?
blush.gif
this thread is getting sentimental. it rulez. p.s. i'm only asian by association

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wdwt28.jpg

US army fishtail parka
lvc
puma clyde

Playing it a bit unsafe today with the huge parka
smile.gif
i like the look though. I ordered when it still was cold, but just got it. With out the liner and hood it works well as an "over sized" spring jacket imo.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dcfc0014at7.jpg

hat
polo
samurai
adidas

not winning any contests, so i thought id just rep the neighborhood.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
wdwt28.jpg

US army fishtail parka
lvc
puma clyde

Playing it a bit unsafe today with the huge parka
smile.gif
i like the look though. I ordered when it still was cold, but just got it. With out the liner and hood it works well as an "over sized" spring jacket imo.

I've been looking for a good fishtail parka for a while now, but they are all so huge. I know that's kind of the point, that they're designed to fit over everything... but at the same time, the skinny **** inside of me wishes they were more flattering. I'm looking for one without a liner for those rainy, miserable days. I have a pretty good one for the cold. Did you get it from eBay? How much was it?

Tangerine has a GAP (red) fishtail parka that's *not bad* IMO... a little too busy looking though IIRC with drawstrings and stuff hanging out all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads