• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Billionaire style

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that many people don't even know the guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra Politics aside, I'm sure that he has no time to worry about wearing LV or Burberrys (he probably did so because somebody gave them to him). Also, he sent his daughter to work at a McDonald's so that she learn how to value money. So yeah, read some background before making stupid generalization assumption. See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3578539.stm

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
I'm surprised that many people don't even know the guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

Politics aside, I'm sure that he has no time to worry about wearing LV or Burberrys (he probably did so because somebody gave them to him). Also, he sent his daughter to work at a McDonald's so that she learn how to value money. So yeah, read some background before making stupid generalization assumption.

See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3578539.stm

Er, ya.

She was probably at Macs at a specially built air con extension for her, doing her nails and surfing the net all day before daddy's Rolls came to fetch her back, accompanied by a retinue of armoured cars and choppers and a whole platoon of infantry soldiers. Since Thailand has kidnapping and assassinations and her dad has tons of enemies.

Anyway, I think when Thaksin was in exile, he mentioned he has to bring tons of phones with him at all time. Just saying.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
She was probably at Macs at a specially built air con extension for her, doing her nails and surfing the net all day before daddy's Rolls came to fetch her back, accompanied by a retinue of armoured cars and choppers and a whole platoon of infantry soldiers. Since Thailand has kidnapping and assassinations and her dad has tons of enemies.

Pretty good speculation eh. The McDonald's thing was in 2004 which is before he was ousted. And after that, running from being hunted by the oppositions, and having most of his fortune frozen, I don't think he has time to care about LV or not LV.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Pretty good speculation eh. The McDonald's thing was in 2004 which is before he was ousted. And after that, running from being hunted by the oppositions, and having most of his fortune frozen, I don't think he has time to care about LV or not LV.

Well, wasnt that when he was Prime Minister? In a country like Thailand, murders and kidnapping are pretty rife I would suspect.

You are probably right that someone like his Missus bought his togs for him.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Er, ya.

Anyway, I think when Thaksin was in exile, he mentioned he has to bring tons of phones with him at all time. Just saying.

When Thaksin's daughter was working at McDonald, it didn't even last more than a day! I guess it was too much for her handle to work with people whom she does not believe to own as many as Louis Vuitton bags as she has.

As far as I'm concerned, before Thaksin's financial asset was frozen, he transfered much of his money out of the country. When he expected that they would issue an arrest for the guy, he used the entire boeing 747 airplane which belong to the government to move most of his valuable to overseas.

I find it fascinating for this guy background and how his life comes to be.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kiwi Man
When Thaksin's daughter was working at McDonald, it didn't even last more than a day! I guess it was too much for her handle to work with people whom she does not believe to own as many as Louis Vuitton bags as she has.

As far as I'm concerned, before Thaksin's financial asset was frozen, he transfered much of his money out of the country. When he expected that they would issue an arrest for the guy, he used the entire bowing 747 airplane which belong to the government to move most of his valuable to overseas.

I find it fascinating for this guy background and how his life comes to be.

Why didnt she bring her whole retinue of servants, maids and butlers to flip the burgers, salt the fries, punch the register etc for her? I bet this would ensure she would last more than a day.

And why would someone need an entire Boeing to bring his valuables out of the country? I mean its not as if he is so dumb to have frigging gold bars at his house you know.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
billionaire, huh? is he also one of the guys who arrives at the mall early to shop at Hermes and carry around the orange bag all day?

yoshii

Reaction score
hahaha i'm guessing that refers to the OP shopping early to carry around a bag all day?

...sounds like him anyway lol

Grigory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
80033d1cb3c9ed52acbe6a0b8780_grande.jpg

so its true billionaires wears LV and burberry.

It seems billionaires wear ill-fitting blazers with very long sleeves.

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
billionaire, huh? is he also one of the guys who arrives at the mall early to shop at Hermes and carry around the orange bag all day?

One isn't a billionaire unless one flaunts it in the most ostentatious of ways.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
One isn't a billionaire unless one flaunts it in the most ostentatious of ways.

Carrying an orange paper bag which costs a few cents to make, is not a way to flaunt one's wealth.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Some are rather convinced it is: there's a whole blog dedicated to that school of thought!

Damnit! You tricked me into going on his blog!

Anyway, his new quotable quotes from his blog is:

(Hermes Belt signify that I am a Chinese Alpha Male)

And he really did buy that LV shoes!

Also, how did he become an expert on Armani's various lines, so he can write about it online?

Unregistered

Reaction score
Damnit! You tricked me into going on his blog! Anyway, his new quotable quotes from his blog is: (Hermes Belt signify that I am a Chinese Alpha Male) And he really did buy that LV shoes! Also, how did he become an expert on Armani's various lines, so he can write about it online?
I'm more for:
Originally Posted by Hermes Man on So High Fashion Blog
But I dont care what others think

Jangofett

Reaction score
I'm more for:

If so, why does he pose on SF asking for people's opinion on his LV shoes he want to buy?
Mr Contradiction?

Anyway, the amount of money he spent brand whoring is just plain dumb.
Spending 10,000 MYR on an Armani Suit? Really? Armani? That is so 1990s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads