• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DSK's (Domenique Strauss Kahn's) suits

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig
i just love this... the ultimate FU suit.

the only thing even better would be a windowpane in the same pattern.

i have a ysl rive gauche blazer with the same style just instead reads yves saint laurent

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chrenetique
but obviously not a ******. Sad story.

Who the **** are you? How on earth do you know if he did what he's accused of in the hotel room? Are you some clairvoyant or just an asshole who pretends to be a lot smarter than he is?

GradSchooler

Reaction score
but obviously not a ******.
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Like you have any idea.
Indeed. Chrenetique might want to explain that to the maid he sexually assaulted.

Chrenetique

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Like you have any idea.

Listen, I know people who know Strauss-Kahn personally, who even had sex with him, so I can tell (like many other Frenchmen, and many politicians who have no interest in defending him, btw) it is impossible to believe he's a ******. The guy loves sex, but is very cold-headed too. It looks like an ugly plot against him (for various plausible reasons - his European policy, his embarrassing rivalry with Sarkozy...).

Originally Posted by idfnl
Who the **** are you? How on earth do you know if he did what he's accused of in the hotel room? Are you some clairvoyant or just an asshole who pretends to be a lot smarter than he is?

So, if I can't prove he's innocent, he's guilty, that's it? Ever heard of presumption of innocence? My dear friend, if you can't prove he did it, then he's innocent. Period. And the facts are nearly impossible to prove - you just have to believe an incredible story.
On the other hand, I know the guy from personal sources (unlike you, okay?), and we have good reasons to think it's only a plot against Strauss-Kahn.

Oh - and you're just impolite ("asshole"? is this tolerated here? please ban) and brainwashed by the vilest U.S. media.

Originally Posted by GradSchooler
Indeed. Chrenetique might want to explain that to the maid he sexually assaulted.

Do you like presumption of innocence? The man assaulted nobody, until the contrary is judicially established. Media gossips are not proofs, even if written in huge letters.

Anyway, two weeks ago, Strauss-Kahn told the press he asked Sarkozy to stop dirtying him about his privacy, and feared a plot about "a woman he would **** in a parking lot, and who would be promised 500 000 or 1 000 000 euros to make up such a story..." And now he would **** a woman, precisely when he feared to be wrongly accused of it? Isn't it interesting?

Article in French revealing this: http://www.liberation.fr/politiques/...emmes-et-alors

Plus, his suits were nice indeed - which at least proves his sartorial innocence.

kasper007

Reaction score
The sickness of those who try to defend the indefensible is just shocking. i cannot fathom the level of self delusion is must take to believe DSK was set-up. believe me, the US police would not be acting in the way they are now if they didn't have extremely solid evidence. Not to mention DSK history of sexual harassment and alleged **** attempt (s)

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kasper007
The sickness of those who try to defend the indefensible is just shocking. i cannot fathom the level of self delusion is must take to believe DSK was set-up. believe me, the US police would not be acting in the way they are now if they didn't have extremely solid evidence. Not to mention DSK history of sexual harassment and alleged **** attempt (s)

I wonder if people would say this same **** if their wife was the one who got dragged around and had a dick forced in her mouth.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to the media, his tailor would be "Georges de Paris", the famous Washington-based tailor (Strauss-Kahn denied). ..

gparis.jpg

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, if I can't prove he's innocent, he's guilty, that's it? Ever heard of presumption of innocence? My dear friend, if you can't prove he did it, then he's innocent. Period. And the facts are nearly impossible to prove - you just have to believe an incredible story.
On the other hand, I know the guy from personal sources (unlike you, okay?), and we have good reasons to think it's only a plot against Strauss-Kahn.

Oh - and you're just impolite ("asshole"? is this tolerated here? please ban) and brainwashed by the vilest U.S. media.

You're beyond belief!

I said ACCUSED OF -> YOU said he's innocent.

I dont know what he did, but you're the one who said its impossible that its true.

And yes, asshole is tolerated here, especially for assholes like you.

Go slog your political bullshit somewhere else, leave us to speculate over what he pays for his suits.

CJG_NYC

Reaction score
A friend of mine's best friends' neighbor's uncle passed Sarkozy on the street the other day. He said he didnt set DSK up. I believe him, after all, he's innocent until proven guilty.

Sazerac

Reaction score
Yes, it seems unlikely that a French politico on the cusp of the presidency would **** someone.

Also unlikely: that a 32 year old African immigrant with a teenage son with nothing to gain and everything to lose would level these charges against one of the most powerful men in the world.

We'll see how this plays out, but the most common refrain you hear from the friends of people convicted of a violent crime is how it must have been a frame-up.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
gparis.jpg

credit souliers

Nice guy... has a "liquid lunch" almost every day at the Old Ebbitt Grill, just a few steps down from his shop.

QBNCGAR

Reaction score
Not that it merits further debate here... http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1MbLBuWbv Summary - he says she consented to the encounter, meaning he definitely tapped that. Beyond that, who can say, but on the question of penetration, there is no longer any doubt. Like it matters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics