• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

reezy

Reaction score
Reverse fades are toasting my legs! Get a lot of compliments and odd stares (i assume). Still love them. The resin coating really heats up though haha.

adamssutherland

Reaction score
I was in Barney's yesterday and saw them. They look pretty legit, but I can't imagine seeing someone in those every day.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reezy
Reverse fades are toasting my legs! Get a lot of compliments and odd stares (i assume). Still love them. The resin coating really heats up though haha.

I handled them at Barney's Co-Op, and they felt like they'd be really uncomfortable to wear. That resin layer is really thick.

How is the comfort, other than the heating up?

reezy

Reaction score
It's pretty comfortable once you break them in. Just go TTS though. Haven't been wearing them much since Toronto been raining cats and dogs for most of the week...I've been trying to fade them faster by wearing them around home. The resin is coming off on the honey combs and my phone pocket.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reezy

What the hell do you mean by "heats up"? What are you doing, biking in them and your thighs are rubbing together so fast the denim is about to burst into flames
laugh.gif

It is about time to see some fit pics on those, very curious.

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the stretch on the solid black WeirdGuys is the same as normal raw WeirdGuys? I know with APC the black denim has less stretch.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by istasi
Anyone know if the stretch on the solid black WeirdGuys is the same as normal raw WeirdGuys? I know with APC the black denim has less stretch.

They will stretch about the same as the Deep Indigo Weird Guys. Similar weight, similar tight weave, right hand twill. Expect about 1/4" of stretch in the waist line quickly and about 1/2" of total stretch in the waist line after 3 months of wear, could stretch as much as 1" in the waist after many months of wear.

eugen eugen

Reaction score
hi, why tts with the reverse fades? do they run smaller then say deep indigo or elephant skinnys? because i sized down 1 on deep and even 2 on elepahnt to get a skinny leg, which cant be achieved with tts(more like slim straight imo). what size you have and what does the tight at crotch and the leg opening measure( big style). sorry for those questions but i have to make sure they fit i live in europe, shipping is expensive
frown.gif

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay-D
What the hell do you mean by "heats up"? What are you doing, biking in them and your thighs are rubbing together so fast the denim is about to burst into flames
laugh.gif
It is about time to see some fit pics on those, very curious.

Haha the weather outside was really nice a week ago in Toronto and I decided to take a stroll around downtown but dam it was hot that day tis why the RFs were toasty. I've also been sleeping with them since it be raining for the next two weeks in Toronto so it's been heating me up quite a bit. Good thing I don't really sweat. Can't take pictures cuz I don't have a proper camera with me =/ only have a 5 pixel phone camera which makes every picture grainy.
Originally Posted by eugen eugen
hi, why tts with the reverse fades? do they run smaller then say deep indigo or elephant skinnys? because i sized down 1 on deep and even 2 on elepahnt to get a skinny leg, which cant be achieved with tts(more like slim straight imo). what size you have and what does the tight at crotch and the leg opening measure( big style). sorry for those questions but i have to make sure they fit i live in europe, shipping is expensive
frown.gif

Well I don't have the deep indigo or elephants so I don't know how they run on those. I guess you can size down one if you like to achieve the "skinny leg" look you want. I'm a size 30 and went down to 29. I prefer more breathing room and would have went TTS but I'm pretty happy with how mine stretched out despite some discomfort around my crotch at times
blush.gif
. I don't have the measurements or a ruler to properly measure it for you but the leg opening is consistent with most of the skinny legs. I can tell you at times the reverse fades are quite the ball crushers if you make it too tight. I sag it a bit so I won't be so uncomfortable all the time.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eugen eugen
frown.gif

Purchase the same tag size RF as the skinny guy deep indigo you own. The fit will be the same.

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
I should've gotten a 31 in the Brown Canvas, I can't even zip or button it.

jingerBRead

Reaction score
Anyones denim from Plndr strangely soft?

I got the camo weft and they are not stiff at all...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads