• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tod's "Jazz" Loafers

Al H.

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I'm looking for a pair of durable (top priority), comfortable (second priority), brown (a must) slip-ons to wear in less than absolutely formal situations, ideally under $300 (third priority). My office dress code is an extremely loose definition of business casual, but my role requires a slightly stricter interpretation so I'd be looking to switch these loafers on and off with something more casual every other day of the week or so. In other words, I'd be wearing these quite often. When I do travel for business, its usually for something that most would consider a business meeting, but I'd wager that a very large portion of the folks I meet aren't the kind that are very concerned with brands and designers. These shoes would be just for me to appreciate.

From what I can tell, Tod's "Jazz" loafers in brown leather ticks almost all the boxes save for the price. However, I'd like to see if any folks have had first-hand experience with these particular shoes, because in pictures the rubber sole seems attached to the upper in such a way that brings back teribble memory of Kenneth Coles and Aldos.

Also, maybe I'm completely off and these Tod's are what I'm looking for. If so, I'm open to suggestions. I do not want driving shoes, mocassins, or tassels. I have a pair of black dress shoes already for the absolutely formal situations that I'm pretty comfortable with. Thanks in advance.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Link/pic not working.

Al H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slickman
I'd rather go with the Gommino Driver, don't know if that site's loafers are real, for that price, I just don't believe their FAQ page

Thanks, though I'd like to keep it a smooth leather upper.

Al H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slickman
How bout a nice pair of brown dress boots

I had considered it, but loafers are easier to slip on and off at airports, where I spend a lot of time these days. Same goes for airplanes. But if you've got a specific pair in mind, I'd be curious.

Slickman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like alden's chukkas and indy boot, but I recently saw their cap toe in cigar shell and wow it is beautiful:
2dm8ehv.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads