• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

was385

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of loro piano trousers, an isaia suit, a hilditch and key shirt, and finally... a pair of what look like orphaned suit pants from Kiton. Quite a feeling seeing that label.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by was385
Picked up a pair of loro piano trousers, an isaia suit, a hilditch and key shirt, and finally... a pair of what look like orphaned suit pants from Kiton. Quite a feeling seeing that label.

what,no brooks brothers?
Epic fail

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
buy a cheap steamer at walmart for $30 and that linen jacket will look like new,best purcase i ever made,works on everything including wrinkled ties

Ha! Thanks for the tip...I'll definitely get one up for the ties. I actually thought the jacket was supposed to be that way; it's so awesome-looking. I wore it into Starbucks (even though it's too big), and all the women there were like, HOLY ****, LINEN!

was385

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
what,no brooks brothers?
Epic fail

I think I'll keep going to this store on Mondays. That being said, searching every inch of that store for a non-existent Kiton suit jacket was frustrating.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Keep going back daily for the next week, if possible. Lots of thrifts seperate suits and sometimes the pants get put out one day and the jacket gets put our with a bunch of other jackets within the next day or two.

Another likely possibility is that both were put out at the same time but separated and some gonzo came along and snatched the Kiton jacket without making an effort to look for the trousers.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by was385

Pics, man! I didn't know LP made pants; I imagine they're quite buttery.

Nell

Reaction score
First time at a thrift store today, and not a bad haul. I'm a college kid, and not looking to put in the work to flip. Don't have the opportunity to walk around in a suit often, nor do I think most would notice the quality of a Zegna/etc over something like Polo/BB, so my tastes are quite different than most. Nonetheless, picked up a BB cashmere/wool blazer for 6, BB makers slim dress shirt for 2, BB slim dress shirt for 3, YSL wool tie for 2 and some Polo shorts for 2 as well.

Big ups to everyone on this thread, your advice helped a lot. Out of curiosity: what's the worth of a Hickey Freeman windowpane blazer, mid 90's, around 40-42?

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally picked something up... a VV polo for the bay in M and a Lacoste polo for myself. Also, something I've heard about but never seen before: Tyrwhitt metal collar stays. Unfortunately they were in a recent made-in-Peru Tyrwhitt that was 18/37 and had awful discoloration so I would've spent more money on Oxiclean than it would be worth to sell. The stays somehow found their way into my bag with the polo shirts though. No, I didn't shoplift them, the guy just didn't care about them and threw them in with my purchase.
laugh.gif
Not a hugely baller item or anything, but it's kind of nifty and I'll use them with my (older) CT shirts!
P1060613.jpg

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
Brioni is awful stuff.

So bad, in fact, that I'll buy it off of you for 1/2 of what you paid to save you the embarassment of wearing/selling it.

lilmann40

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheBurnOut
Brioni is awful stuff. So bad, in fact, that I'll buy it off of you for 1/2 of what you paid to save you the embarassment of wearing/selling it.
PM'ed. Picked up two Brioni suits today (one for $10, one for $8), thought I had something decent lol. I'll probably return em tomorrow.
011-5.jpg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you make that picture that says, "Y'all n***az be postin' in a troll thread"?

eh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads