• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Heart denim

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ***** Foulkes
EG field parka, I wanted the red but couldn't find a small so ended up getting the khaki. Definitely not to be worn with raw denim
**** ... i should have known that. usually, denim stops bleeding after a couple weeks of wear (at least samurai/warehouse/fullcount/sda/oni/and rm's) does.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ***** Foulkes
Hi I've just got some Ironheart Devils Fit, and am wondering what the first step should be. I usually just get any raw denim altered in the leg, then wear until they reach the point of no return! Then wash and so on... But these are absolute beasts and look like they'll bleed like hell! A pal suggested to soak them in a bath of tepid water to get rid of some of the excess dye. But I don't want to lose any colour as they look spot on at the moment. They also fit really well in the waist so don't want them to shrink too much. I've read that some people wear them in the bath, like a shrink to fit. Is this recommended? Sounds like a lot of effort. Also, shall I get them chain stitched before or after soaking? Any help appreciated!
If your Devil's Fit have never touched water before, you need to soak them before you wear or hem them. The Devil's Fit is one of very few IH models that will shrink significantly the first time that it touches water. Expect 1-2" of shrinkage in the waist and 2-3" shrinkage in the inseam after a hot soak or wash. Wearing them in the bath is unnecessary unless you are worried that you won't be able to get back into them at all after the soak. If your jeans are already really tight raw, you should probably either exchange them for a size up or keep your soaks and washes cold going forward to minimize shrinkage.

Fatty Foulkes

Reaction score
I sized up from a 32 to 33 so they're comfortable at the moment. Think they'll be fine if they shrink slightly, they'll always give a bit with some wear.

Think I'm going to give them a soak in cold water then get on with breaking them in.

Cheers lads

jhoge

Reaction score
Just grabbed a pair of the 666ods, here are some fit pics (they're clickable!).

dnsnlsn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhoge
Just grabbed a pair of the 666ods, here are some fit pics (they're clickable!).
Wow I realllyyy want 'em now. They'll be my next purchase - no selvedge line tho right?
devil.gif
Also, how's the leg opening? They look kinda flare-y in some other pics. How do u like the fit?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dnsnlsn
Wow I realllyyy want 'em now. They'll be my next purchase - no selvedge line tho right?
devil.gif

Also, how's the leg opening? They look kinda flare-y in some other pics. How do u like the fit?

The 666OD does have a selvage line, it's just blacked out from the overdye so that it is harder to see. You may be thinking of the 301 as the one without the selvage line.

Also, the 666 is a tapered cut, so they shouldn't look flare-y. You may also be thinking of a different IH cut here as well.

dnsnlsn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
The 666OD does have a selvage line, it's just blacked out from the overdye so that it is harder to see. You may be thinking of the 301 as the one without the selvage line.

Also, the 666 is a tapered cut, so they shouldn't look flare-y. You may also be thinking of a different IH cut here as well.

Alright, thanks for the info bossman

Vengo

Reaction score
Is there an IH cut that is similar to the N&F Weird Guys cut? From what I've read and according to measurements, 666 and BB both are quite similar

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vengo
Is there an IH cut that is similar to the N&F Weird Guys cut? From what I've read and according to measurements, 666 and BB both are quite similar

Nothing that IH makes is as tapered as the Weird Guy, but of the two you mentioned, the 666 is probably closer in overall fit.

magix7

Reaction score
Yup the 666 will give you a closer fit to WGs.. Slimmest jeans that IH produces!

y7bbb6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Nothing that IH makes is as tapered as the Weird Guy, but of the two you mentioned, the 666 is probably closer in overall fit.

what? the 301s is tapered as hell.

i have the IH and my roomie has a pair of weird guys. the fit isn't similar unless you size up on the IH, in which case you're going to get hip bulge.

666 fits nothing like weird guys. 666 has tight ass thighs and a straight-ish leg opening. weird guys have a roomie thigh and a tapered leg..

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by y7bbb6
what? the 301s is tapered as hell.

i have the IH and my roomie has a pair of weird guys. the fit isn't similar unless you size up on the IH, in which case you're going to get hip bulge.

666 fits nothing like weird guys. 666 has tight ass thighs and a straight-ish leg opening. weird guys have a roomie thigh and a tapered leg..

The 301S is tapered, and more so than the 666, but it's still significantly less tapered than the Weird Guy.

I own a pair of Weird Guys, and I've tried on the 666 and the Beatle Buster, and you are right, the fit isn't that similar to either of them. However, I would not describe the Weird Guys as being roomy in the thigh unless you have skinny thighs, and between the 666 and the BB, I still think the 666 fits a little bit closer to the Weird Guy of the two.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Would the 301 be better than the 666 if I was looking for a slim jean, with taper, but not too tight on the knee (got a bad knee, and sometimes if it's too tight around knee I can't do it).

Basically want something slimish through hip and thigh, that tapers from the knee down, but again, not too tight on knee.

For what's it's worth I'd prob be a 34 or 36. Which would be best for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads