• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *wally*
oi hendix, you need to wash your toj moto, as it looks like a piece of armour

just look at aeglus' moto

his is lamb, mine is calf.

Mine looks like a piece of armour because it pretty much is. That's the way i like it since use it as an actual motorcycle jacket.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrUnicorn
heres my latest acquisition
78ad1783.jpg

08e49309.jpg

Well played, where did you get this?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
came back from the CCP exhibit at Lift Etage just now, they had a bunch of CCP leathers. Unimpressed. My girlfriend had no idea they were like $10K.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
Object tanned, not object dyed?

if it's the former that's pretty crazy

Hendrix-

Some of his leathers are object dyed and some rarely are object tanned.

I'm not sure if this has to do with the leather type or not. A donkey leather from 08/09 was object tanned and my horse jacket from this year was object dyed. The Bison being used this year is also object dyed.

altemp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
came back from the CCP exhibit at Lift Etage just now, they had a bunch of CCP leathers. Unimpressed. My girlfriend had no idea they were like $10K.

Unimpressed with design, quality or quality/price ratio? Or just in general?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Unimpressed, because she lives with me, doesn't know the any of the internet hype and just looks at something and judges clothing for what it is - and there's been hundreds or maybe thousands of leather jackets pass through our house and she has an idea of what make something 'good' when it comes to those
redface.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Isn't that a lot like noobs looking at waywt and saying they don't like anyone's fits cept jcrew ones?

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Isn't that a lot like noobs looking at waywt and saying they don't like anyone's fits cept jcrew ones?
Not exactly, in your scenarie they dont know better. Impolyt_ones girlfriend obviously have some experience, that being said, of course some details might go unnoticed. Would be nice to have some completely independent reviewers, almost noone cannot help to fall victim of a bit of brand whoring from time to time.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im talkin outta ****** here, but I think there's some value in outsider opinion since the internet does sort of cloud judgment on what are the best brands. Some of the items we all love cause us to ignore the negative. Like say, quality differences in leather.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
CCP, when you take away all the rarity value and high price tags, all the fancy words and hype, what do you see? They are heavily processed leather jackets with interesting patterning. This was in Japan, CCP hanging next to a lot of clothes, Japanese and foreign, that all resemble each other.
I have not seen anyone justify why they like CCP with a legitimate reason except for 'I like it because it looks cool' - which is driven by celebrity worship and pricetag hypebeasting. The quality talk is bullshit. I don't want to talk with anyone about quality unless you know what you are talking about.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uh, from what I've read in the CCP sz thread, there seems to be an attraction to the lineage of ideas which go into the design process for his garments. A lot of thought goes into everything. Plus, I think like with other big name designers his universe seems to be best appreciated when you see someone in a full outfit of it. Of course, now I'm talking about CCP in general, and not just the leathers.

I do think paying 5k-10k is rather startling from what I've seen in pictures, but who am I to say that since its quite relative in this hobby.

shady_2001

Reaction score
10 grand is a bit much. I speak from a new guy's point of view. Individually, from what I've seen in pictures, these brands now tend to manufacture jackets that share pretty similar aesthetics - as individual pieces, of course, not the overall look of the label.

People passing by, or even your girlfriends, for example, may only be able to point out minor differences between the pieces. Ultimately it is an individual's decision whether he wants to drop that much on it or not, if that makes him happy. Just don't expect anyone else to be in the know.

I wouldn't have guessed that CCPs go for so much. But what do you know, sometimes you go shopping and see something that makes a connection with you, and you buy it because you know that it is simply the jacket for you.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go out on a limb and say that a CCP would be proxy for a piece of modern art. Completely unwearable and the value is in the ideas behind the work, perhaps a bit of the uniqueness of having retractable gloves or an object tanned/dyed piece. It would be interesting to have one on display but not to wear in real life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads