• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
Hey guys, I've never purchased anything from Epaulet, but they have a killer selection. I'm looking for a pair of khaki chinos, can anyone recommend me which ones Epaulet carries that fit the slimmest? Thanks!

Epaulet's rivet chinos don't vary by color; they're all equally slim.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier

Perfect, thanks kgmessier. What's the quality? And I'm a true 32" waist, what size should I order?

jpo

Reaction score
I'm wondering when you might get a restock of:

-'EP's Rivet Chino Moss in 33
- Spread Collar Shirt Lavender Microcheck in Medium

thanks!

nycxandy

Reaction score
Perfect, thanks kgmessier. What's the quality? And I'm a true 32" waist, what size should I order?
Quality is superb. Look at the provided measurements for your size. With the lower rise of the chinos, you may want a size 32; but if it doesn't fit, just return/exchange it.

enigma77

Reaction score
^ +1. Quality is excellent (taped seam and full curtain waistband, great fabric), and they run true to size. I have a 31" waist and wear a size 31.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great! 32 it is then. I see they offer a 12 oz. and an 8 oz. fabric, which is best?

Anyone ever post any fit pics of the rivets?

89andy

Reaction score
Just wondering, since the chinos are all taped inside, does that mean it's not possible to make modifacations to the leg other than hemming? Also does anyone who have w+h chinos can they make a comparison between the epaulet chinos and w+h chinos? Thanks

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great! 32 it is then. I see they offer a 12 oz. and an 8 oz. fabric, which is best?

Anyone ever post any fit pics of the rivets?

I'm not sure that you could classify one as "better" than the other. Different types of weather simply calls for different weights of fabric. The 8 oz. is lighter and works great for those hot summer months, while the 12 oz. might be a bit too heavy depending on your location. If you live in Portland, I'm sure you could get away with the 12 oz. weight right now. Either way, it just depends on your needs and how heavy you're looking for your pants to be.

Originally Posted by Epaulet
Awesome! We should get them pretty soon - within the next few weeks. Things got a little held up because we needed more of the striped interior trim fabric. But you guys will be the first to know when the new delivery comes in.
Sounds great, and I can't wait! I guess I'll just wait for them, then.
smile.gif

Reaction score
Great! 32 it is then. I see they offer a 12 oz. and an 8 oz. fabric, which is best? Anyone ever post any fit pics of the rivets?
Go true to size. I'm a 32 and the chinos were slightly bigger (I have room to tuck shirt and/or belt them). The 8oz was a pleasant surprise and was thicker than I anticipated. Living in Southern California I could wear them year round. Pg. 358 of this thread has a repost by me of SVB in navy chinos. If you have a tape measure, try measuring a pair of jeans or some pants you have to get an idea of what they measure up to. Mike's measurements online are pretty damn accurate.

Simplicio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier

True, but I have found that fabrics respond differently to washing/drying. My moss chinos shrank more than did my navy chinos. Not a lot, but enough to notice.

brycep

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a shot of me repin' epaulet in Rome w/ my sis... shadow dot, floral, club collar ftw!
5726267375_791113e008_m.jpg
5726842576_ba8b8faafd_m.jpg
5726282561_5aaa54ff18_m.jpg

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
you just knocked me out of the running for best Epaulet lifestyle shots... nicely done.
biggrin.gif

89andy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 89andy
Just wondering, since the chinos are all taped inside, does that mean it's not possible to make modifacations to the leg other than hemming? Also does anyone who have w+h chinos can they make a comparison between the epaulet chinos and w+h chinos? Thanks

Anyone able to help me? Another question is that something about curtains and that it allows the chinos to be released and have a wider waist...does that mean I can size down to something smaller and then release the waist to something larger to fit me? Thank you.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, since the chinos are all taped inside, does that mean it's not possible to make modifacations to the leg other than hemming?
The seam taping is cosmetic. You can still have the legs slimmed. As *many* others have suggested, have the tailor modify the inseam if you want to preserve the taping, since that is only on the outseam.
Another question is that something about curtains and that it allows the chinos to be released and have a wider waist...does that mean I can size down to something smaller and then release the waist to something larger to fit me? Thank you.
You're confusing a lot of things. The inner waist curtain has little to do with whether you can alter the waistband. You're also confusing the chinos w. the trousers. Look at the below pics and note the extra fabric around the ass that's been taped. The chinos could probably be let out a fraction of in inch.
5284319374_249d8c8d38_t.jpg
The trousers can be let out about 1.5 inches.
5639125140_a094b96e5f_t.jpg
It's easier to buy something larger and slim it down as needed than to buy something smaller and open it up. Also, it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that Epaulet's chinos are not the right cut for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads