• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Green Lantern
Okay, I need more fragrance. I find the sampling method to be a win. So, I want to buy one of these, or maybe a couple:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=114

Question is; how do you clean in between usage...to completely flush last fragrance and not dilute or bastardize the new fragrance?

Almost forgot...today at the Napa Vineyards was Grey Veviter by Tom Ford. I am not really into it.

Use disposable plastic or glass bottles for samples. http://www.accessoriesforfragrances.com/ also has a nice selection.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TintoTerra
Wore Profumum Oxiana today. I tend to fall for descriptions of incense scents then find them 'old lady'-ish on my skin. A bit like Tauer L'air Du Morrocain or whatever it's called. Likable, slightly weird, possibly femme. I really wanted to try Thundra but couldn't find a sample, so I got this instead.

Got a bottle of Santal 33 last week. Another womb-like comfort scent with spiky edges from Le Labo. I really like that house! Also acquired that Labdanum one from L'occitane. A definite keeper for me.

I don't find most incenses to be too femme, but too dry. Jubilation XXV is a good balanced incense.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Yup. Sally is good people.

I have received incredibly good service from Sally. Recieve orders about two days after I place them, tons of freebies in each shipment, issues responded to and resolved instantly, etc.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool Water. Poor man's GIT.

tps16

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I went past the Hermes store yesterday to stock the box and the SA was more then generous. multple samples of multiple frags. These guys impress me EVERY time I deal with them (as long as I don't ask about green aligator wallets right?).

currently working my way through the Malle lineup... this is going to take a while. probably because they're hard to just sniff and conclude anything. it takes me a while to understand each one, plus I have to decide which ones to get larger decants of or not since the samples will be shipped out with the box.

SOTD - AdP Colognia Asolutta - and can I just say BLECH. seriously, I was expecting something nice here and it was terrible. I felt sick. AdP's this nice citrus thing, Intensa's like a lemony wood thing, but then asolutta, all I get is some flower I really dislike. I got a few seconds of orange, then just musk and floral. uh, not at all for me.

I'm surprised you don't like assoluta. Maybe the white musk in the drydown? It's become one of my go-to summer scents.

Friday and Saturday-Adp Colonia Assoluta
Sunday- Shalimar
Today- Sycomore

Elusive

Reaction score
Neals Yard Remedies do a mens cologne in the UK I was a BVlgari fan until I smelled this stuff and it contains some weird herbs like St Johns Wort which boost mood very posh stuff

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tauer L'air du Desert Marocain.

First time I've tried this. It's really nice. A little smoke, some patchouli, something sweet. Lemon? Maybe some herbs.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^Its good ****.

Finally tried out the new LeLabo Santal 33. I kind of dig this but it needs another tryout. Its a powdery sandalwood and it reminds me of something VERY strongly. Problem is I can't put my finger on it.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Finally tried out the new LeLabo Santal 33. I kind of dig this but it needs another tryout. Its a powdery sandalwood and it reminds me of something VERY strongly. Problem is I can't put my finger on it.
Don't even bother with another "tryout". Host a split for this puppy. I'll be #1.
smile.gif
Edit: Ick, just read about the Rose 31 mess. Use this future order as leverage!

silvermagenta

Reaction score
can anyone recommend a fragrance for more casual occasions? my go to is floris 127 but with my change in occupation (bank manager to industrial designer) i need something more casual. jeans and chinos with tee or buttondown casual. i'm 26, btw.

i live in south carolina, btw, if that helps.

gwolf

Reaction score
basenotes reviews of 127 sound good. i liked 89 myself. no idea about reformulation but i'm cool with a frag as long as the idea is still there.

anyways how about another floral frag? kenzo power cologne.. also dior homme cologne..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads