• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
I actually like the bag. Could definitely lose the bow. Overall, do want

+1. Other than the bow which is a bit much (but can understand wanting to do it on occasion), all the pieces of the outfit look good and cute overall. Dunno how people can complain. If it looks good, it looks good.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Harajuku.

IMG_1478.jpg

Flat Head
Visvim
Strike Gold
Kawatako
Visvim

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Am I the only one who think it looks really try-hard/contrived?

No. It would be much less so without the bandanna pocket square.

Originally Posted by KitAkira
You look so much older out of the bathroom (in a good way)

Funny, I said the exact same thing to him as we were leaving the men's room together at the restaurant.
mwink[1].gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
MoK do you have kids? you gotta be the coolest dad ever

lol8[1].gif
Step kids, but they're grown up so are passed the embarrassed to be seen with stage (well i think they are
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by thatgirl again
hi boys, how i've missed you all!
i lost my pw to the my first acct, but now back again
smile.gif

going outttt tonight! (be brutal.. that's why i'm here)

IMG_0468.jpg

I'm guessing you're going for a late 80's retro vibe. If you are you've succeeded, if you weren't sorry
blush.gif
I'm not keen on the bow but it sort of works with the rest.

Originally Posted by robbie

-really like this, I am not usually a fan of cropped pants, but they work here IMO.

Cheers. I think if the pants were about an inch and half longer it would work reasonably well. they're just that bit too short I think.

Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
girlfriend thought it was funny that i take pictures of myself to post on the internet for other guys to look at so she wanted to have one of her, haha
smile.gif

k8YMf.png

WM81C.png
[/SPOILER]

knit is the same as last pic, shirt is purple but i guess you can't tell.

If you're feeling brave suggest she swaps the bright pink for white or light grey.

Originally Posted by Jabonator
A fit for the summer. Bought a bunch of summer pieces this week. Pants are from Berlin, really loved them the moment I saw them, interesting cut, and they're really comfy, plus I like the mustardy colour (instead of the traditional khaki).

5Pm6Z.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Not sure about the cut (would need to see the ankles) but i like the colour.
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Winter sunny Sunday, as only Sydney can deliver..
110515108.jpg

110515107.jpg

Cawfee in the park with a MeerCat
110515111-1.jpg

Have a good week end all..
Nice coat & meercat.
Originally Posted by kiya
Harajuku.

IMG_1478.jpg
Flat Head
Visvim
Strike Gold
Kawatako
Visvim

I like this - simple but a nice fit on everything.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A fit for the summer. Bought a bunch of summer pieces this week. Pants are from Berlin, really loved them the moment I saw them, interesting cut, and they're really comfy, plus I like the mustardy colour (instead of the traditional khaki).

5Pm6Z.jpg

Do you get young Kevin Bacon references a lot?!

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to get a little dressy yesterday...

(cardigan hasn't gotten much love in past fits but I think it actually looks better opened up and not buttoned, so gave it another chance..)

3.jpg

4.jpg

Bonus pic a la HD#49
smile.gif
:

5.jpg

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Do you get young Kevin Bacon references a lot?!

Never, but I understand where you're coming from. I rarely get any references to be honest, and if I do, it's mostly to people with similar glasses. I guess that kinda restrains it.

Good look on you, kinda has an Italian feel to it.

And MoK, the ankle is ribbed (google translator said that's the word, elastic band, really funny look. Will probably try to post a better pic later).

Binker

Reaction score
this place baffles me. this dude gets called try hard for the bandana pocket square, which looks ******* good and natural and completely works with the vibe of the fit, while lane fits are now pretty much met with universal approval
laugh.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And MoK, the ankle is ribbed (google translator said that's the word, elastic band, really funny look. Will probably try to post a better pic later).

Sounds good and makes sense of the way they stack.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(cardigan hasn't gotten much love in past fits but I think it actually looks better opened up and not buttoned, so gave it another chance..)

I like the cardigan pockets, but I'm not sure about the shoulders.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

3.jpg

4.jpg

Bonus pic a la HD#49
smile.gif
:

5.jpg

I think this works well. Just two nitpicks (that are extremely MC influenced):

1) Iron the shirt, especially the collar.
2) Work on your tie knots. I know that slim ties are harder to tie with a good knot and dimple, but your look would be greatly improved with a tighter knot.

Good to see that you're getting the ladies on board with your hobbies. As my wife says to me, "well, it's better than football."

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
I think this works well. Just two nitpicks (that are extremely MC influenced):

1) Iron the shirt, especially the collar.
2) Work on your tie knots. I know that slim ties are harder to tie with a good knot and dimple, but your look would be greatly improved with a tighter knot.

Good to see that you're getting the ladies on board with your hobbies. As my wife says to me, "well, it's better than football."

Thanks for the feedback!

The shirt definitely needed a pressing. It's a poplin/oxford mashup and the poplin portion is really susceptible to wrinkling. And you're right, and agreed the tie needs a bit of tightening after looking at the photos. Tho, correct -- the thinner ones are tough to get a solid knot on (I can't get a dimple on a slim tie to save my life..) Also, I'm kind of an admitted tie novice....

re; gettin' the lady on board, haha. She LOVES Style Forum. In fact, I accuse her of looking at it more than me....:::walk in the room.....:::laptop slams shut::::
laugh.gif

Thanks again for your feedback..

MoK & Jab - Thank you both as well for the comments - always appreciated!

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

The shirt definitely needed a pressing. It's a poplin/oxford mashup and the poplin portion is really susceptible to wrinkling. And you're right, and agreed the tie needs a bit of tightening after looking at the photos. Tho, correct -- the thinner ones are tough to get a solid knot on (I can't get a dimple on a slim tie to save my life..) Also, I'm kind of an admitted tie novice....

re; gettin' the lady on board, haha. She LOVES Style Forum. In fact, I accuse her of looking at it more than me....:::walk in the room.....:::laptop slams shut::::
laugh.gif

Thanks again for your feedback..

MoK & Jab - Thank you both as well for the comments - always appreciated!

ohhh so THAT'S why your account is always PMing me for more pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads