• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy **** tween, more pics on the lanvin pants stat!!!

yes to everything btw
devil.gif

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
CiWYS.jpg

I would like these a lot if they had 5 seperate fingers. But to my eye these make your hands look like animal hooves, something I find grotesque.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
Was that Dries on sale?
haha no I wish, it was 895 iirc. if I sell my acne one and those junya sneakers I posted I'll have enough play money to get it. pm me offers!!
smile.gif
also I guess I could sell that bloomingdales gift card. I want cracked out Americana on weekdays and full tech on weekends lol

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I like it a lot but IDK if i'd buy it at full retail, if you got the cash and it doesn't matter I definitely would though

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
true, which is why i did not buy it first time around couple months back. kind of growing on me now though after finding those fit pics. the ones you recommend are a bit light imo, but thanks! (random fashion though: i am not much of a raw denim fiend anymore
frown.gif
)

kwoyeu

Reaction score
^i like those ol jeans in both colorways

considering these past season heutchy boots bnib 70% off... should i get them?

oxblood
l.jpg

xl.jpg

xl.jpg

grey suede
56120_3.jpg

xl.jpg

xl.jpg

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heutchys give me bad vibes.
I do not like them, Sam I Am.
Something about them just puts me off, looks cheap or something.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Thanks mello. Yeah quality was one of my concerns too. I really like the shape of the shoes but I've heard lmao complain about shoddy construction etc, although gdl apparently was very happy with his pair. Interestingly I once read this interview w/ the brand's designer in which he seemed to implicitly acknowledge dealing with qualities issues when the brand first started:

Wells Stellberger: The first collections were trial and error in a lot of a ways. It was the beginning of everything so we were trying to find factories, build relationships with tanneries… You know, we had such a variety of growing pains in the beginning, but now we’re slowly working out the kinks and have factories that we enjoy working with and have a good relationship with. That, I think, is the biggest platform for us to produce the best product and, essentially, make collections as we envision them to be—as opposed to what we were trying to do, but the people couldn’t make or the materials weren’t right.

Emma: What were some of those things?

Wells: We bounced around from Spain to Argentina to Mexico. We’re now in Hong Kong. But in all of the factories there was some sort of issue: the quality wasn’t what we expected. Our collection is very quality, but we also want it to be at a decent price—more attainable to more people. So that was a hard balance to figure out and we never were able to find the quality that we wanted.
full interview here

Still wavering...

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
Thanks mello. Yeah quality was one of my concerns too. I really like the shape of the shoes but I've heard lmao complain about shoddy construction etc, although gdl apparently was very happy with his pair. Interestingly I once read this interview w/ the brand's designer in which he seemed to implicitly acknowledge dealing with qualities issues when the brand first started:

Hmm, yeah. I do agree about the shape, my initial reaction was to like them very much. The silhouettes all pretty much look really good. But the leather and the details on almost every pair just look disappointing.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5025012758_5ce4285f07_b.jpg
Lum-Tec M23 Tungsten automatic watch. $995. Will purchase only if I get a job offer I'm waiting to hear back from!

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

full interview here

Still wavering...

Hmm... I'd probably be all over the oxbloods. Where for 70% off?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

considering these past season heutchy boots bnib 70% off... should i get them?

oxblood

If the quality is there go for it. The shape is great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads