• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron!
I've got an appointment at lenscrafters tomorrow and I'll have to get some new eyeglasses. I've been wearing the same pair of thin-framed D&G glasses for like two years, so it's time for new ones.

I'm leaning towards these, but would like a few recommendations. Or should I just go with contacts?

Pic is what I usually dress like...except I'm not wearing glasses. (Yes, I know my hair is awful in this pic but I didn't take the time to fix it)

309mypk.jpg

I think the frames will work well with your face.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poissa
so I had an 'accident' at lunch where I managed to get mustard all over my shirt and wool pants. Will the cleaners be able to remove said stains
frown.gif

Yes. Happened to me in the past but take them over the same day and tell them wher the stains are .

jd13jd13

Reaction score
Brother of a bride, Black suit, white shirt, what type of tie should I wear (no bow ties at this wedding). I was thinking a solid black, is that too boring?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jd13jd13
Brother of a bride, Black suit, white shirt, what type of tie should I wear (no bow ties at this wedding). I was thinking a solid black, is that too boring?

You're supposed to be happy at a wedding. I'd keep the shirt .

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lilmann40
Can't tell, is this a 50L? I guess I just am not sure how to read it:

002-7.jpg

Looks like a 40S.

Taglia 40. Stature Cor

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Did you mean a funeral? If so go ahead. Do NOT wear a black tie to a wedding.

Espresso

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
What kind of price range are you looking at? Keep in mind good shoes are a must in a work environment. Check out Allen Edmonds as a start. You can find them on sale here & there. They're good quality, made in usa, and have a variety of styles.

Honestly, something just comfortable. Because I need the comfort for my feet. I want to feel/see a difference, as opposed to paying a premium for a brand.

I'll look around. there. I just dont want to keep replacing shoes that have the sole fall off, or catch scuffs really easy. Most of all, I want the comfort.

dasai

Reaction score
Too sombre. Unless your sister is also deceased, ditch the black (both suit and tie). Go for a charcoal or navy suit and a tastefully-patterned tie.

Originally Posted by Espresso
I'll look around. there. I just dont want to keep replacing shoes that have the sole fall off, or catch scuffs really easy. Most of all, I want the comfort.
The advantage of good quality dress shoes is that soles can be replaced and most scuffs will polish out. There is a break-in period, but the shoes last longer when taken care of, and will feel just fine as long as the fit is good.
teacha.gif

Hornswaggler

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a decent navy suit (possibly w/a subtle pinstripe) for under $400? I'm trying to fix my wardrobe, and am planning on getting a suit made in a couple months, but need something to be able to wear in two weeks. Since I'm not that excited about navy as a color, I figure that would be something to buy off the rack. (I have a couple 38Rs I bought back in the day that I swim in now -- I've started running marathons, and what were already a bit big before look thoroughly ridiculous now.)

Here's where things get tricky -- I'm 6', have short arms (I have a BB blazer that fits me well and is a 36S), and a 31 x 30 trouser size.

Thanks!

LaymanX

Reaction score
Can someone give me a quick reply as to what the fuss is about Mabitex/Incotex?

Do they have superior fit/construction/feel? I've yet to see a pair IRL, so not sure whether to jump onto the hype bandwagon yet.
smile.gif

Thx

epilepc

Reaction score
Hi guys, my prom date is wearing red D; what should I wear with a black suit to match? red vest and red tie? white vest/tie, red pocket square... silver vest/tie, red pocket square... I really don't know :\\ Any help in pulling this off would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

(also what difference from 100% wool does a wool/silk blend make? is it worse/better, warmer/cooler..)

dron

Reaction score
I've just bought a suit in silk and linen. The sleeves are about a 1/3" to long. Do you think that the wrinkels will make up for that, or do I have to have them hemmed?

Brave

Reaction score
Hello guys! I have one question. How to wear these pants ? It's kind of purple. Bought them in Massimo Dutti 2 weeks ago. I could imagine it just in mix with white shirt. Any advice would be great! Picture attached. Thank you.

bmms8

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a charcoal suit and a navy suit i will be wearing to two receptions. i have a light pink and a light blue H&M shirt to go along with each. all colors are solids. can you tell me what shirt would match with what suit, and what ties i should i looking for? i am trying to spend ~$20 or less per tie as i only wear them on these occasions which is not often, thanks!

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LaymanX
Can someone give me a quick reply as to what the fuss is about Mabitex/Incotex?

Do they have superior fit/construction/feel? I've yet to see a pair IRL, so not sure whether to jump onto the hype bandwagon yet.
smile.gif

Thx

They are very slim. Though there been 2 threads about their tendencies to bust at the seat seams when bending down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads